Resource icon

Skins Lotus Exos 125 - F1 2010 Grid Skinpack (2K) 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
These are awesome! Any chance of making similar skins for the exos for f1 2011? If only those that changed the livery drastic enough to notice?

Hi Ghiaman, thank you for showing your appreciation :)

Unfortunately It is unlikely that I will work on a follow-up to this pack. For two main reasons:
  • the lotus exos t125 (s1) is said to be a replica of the 2010 catheram f1 car, the t127. (there is an italian wikipedia page on it); So it made sense to create a skinpack based on the 2010 season. What bothers me though is that the car only has 6 speeds, but at least the sound of the stage1 is appropriate.
  • I've just had a look to the 2011 cars to see that (F111, R31, VJM04 aside) the liveries were very similar to the previous year. So I don't think it's worth to invest my time on it.

I currently stopped my involvement with making skins because I had to face new experiences outside the simracing world so the free time I have is somewhat limited. I'm seeking a balance between hobby's (sim-driving mainly) and real priorities; it's tough to find a compromise :p

I enjoy making skins from time to time, but my workflow has been really slow and inefficient. And at the end there is (comprehensibly) little reward, which doesn't really help motivation in the long run.

P.S.
As soon as I saw your avatar, it reminded me of a post of a F1 Mega Championship across decades that I had read a few months ago, which indeed turned out to be your post.
That's an awesome commitment!
So I see why you would be asking for a 2011 F1 WC related piece of content.

Hi Ghiaman, thank you for showing your appreciation :)

Unfortunately It is unlikely that I will work on a follow-up to this pack. For two main reasons:
  • the lotus exos t125 (s1) is said to be a replica of the 2010 catheram f1 car, the t127. (there is an italian wikipedia page on it); So it made sense to create a skinpack based on the 2010 season. What bothers me though is that the car only has 6 speeds, but at least the sound of the stage1 is appropriate.
  • I've just had a look to the 2011 cars to see that (F111, R31, VJM04 aside) the liveries were very similar to the previous year. So I don't think it's worth to invest my time on it.

I currently stopped my involvement with making skins because I had to face new experiences outside the simracing world so the free time I have is somewhat limited. I'm seeking a balance between hobby's (sim-driving mainly) and real priorities; it's tough to find a compromise :p

I enjoy making skins from time to time, but my workflow has been really slow and inefficient. And at the end there is (comprehensibly) little reward, which doesn't really help motivation in the long run.

P.S.
As soon as I saw your avatar, it reminded me of a post of a F1 Mega Championship across decades that I had read a few months ago, which indeed turned out to be your post.
That's an awesome commitment!
So I see why you would be asking for a 2011 F1 WC related piece of content.
Hahaha can't believe you'd remember me from that lol yup I'm the furry bastard aiming for an F1 mega championship. Totally understand your point though, sorry to bug you XD

Hahaha can't believe you'd remember me from that lol yup I'm the furry bastard aiming for an F1 mega championship. Totally understand your point though, sorry to bug you XD

The more emotional and impactful something is, the more likely our brain will remember it.
And that proves this statement :D

Anyway, I hope that someone out there is willing to fill the gaps in the available content!
But I think it is necessary that more people bring up the same request, whether it's a skinpack for existing content or a generic F1 2011 spec car (just like RSS f2000 v10) which could be later painted. I'd like to se the latter.

The more emotional and impactful something is, the more likely our brain will remember it.
And that proves this statement :D

Anyway, I hope that someone out there is willing to fill the gaps in the available content!
But I think it is necessary that more people bring up the same request, whether it's a skinpack for existing content or a generic F1 2011 spec car (just like RSS f2000 v10) which could be later painted. I'd like to se the latter.
If I had even the slightest clue how to put together a mod, and the confidence that neither I or my computer would explode doing it, I would give it a crack myself XD Same with 2003

Hello Anto31. Thanks for this great pack. Since most off us can push high framerate on AC now, is it possible to also add an augrade to 4K skinpack?

Hello Anto31. Thanks for this great pack. Since most off us can push high framerate on AC now, is it possible to also add an augrade to 4K skinpack?

Hi Hangloose,

Thanks to you for sharing your feedback :)

Unfortunately I'm afraid this pack won't get a 4k upgrade because as of today I stopped working on skins: i litterally lost a bit of interest in doing so, also because I was stuck within the limitations of using 2d image editors instead of 3d painting software, limitations that would make the skin-making process quite tedious in the long run other than making it impossible to make certain liveries.

The reason behind the 2k release was partly selfish, as I had the impression that my system struggles a bit with 4k textures (also in my editor)... In retrospect, it is a shame I did not decide to work on 4k despite the issues, make the 4k pack and then scale it down to 2k...

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years