AC Lotus Evora GTC @ Vallelunga - Mon 23 Mar 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Lotus GT.jpg
Don't have the game yet? Buy Assetto Corsa directly from the RD Store for only 34,99 Euro

Notes:
  • If you can't book in time make sure to sign out before 19:30 EDT (23:30 GMT)
  • There will be no booking. The server will be setup with the jump-in mode
  • TC & ABS: Factory | Stability Control: OFF | Starting Grip: 91%
Car(s):
  • Lotus Evora GTC
Track: Vallelunga

Practice: 00:00 GMT | 20:00 EDT | 17:00 PDT
Qualifying: 01:30 GMT | 21:30 EDT | 18:30 PDT
Race: 01:45 GMT | 21:45 EDT | 18:45 PDT (20 Laps | Standing Start)

Racing Club Rules: click here
Teamspeak Password:click here

Entry List: (22 Grid slots available)
  1. Rami Mattila
  2. stevem
  3. Chris James
  4. Justin
  5. Russell Sobie
  6. Fred Locklear
  7. Geof

Last edited:
I'll be trying something a little different with this event. There won't be any booking. So the race will still start at the same time, but the hour that would normally be wasted sitting around for booking to end will now be tacked onto the practice session. Let me know what you think if you prefer the old way or this way better. :thumbsup:

I was doing a bunch of laps with just the default setup and it seemed nice and comfortable (w/ mediums) I don't know if it was fast though :)

That race kinda sucked :).

I just need to learn to be a bit more patient when behind someone. I see @Justin going a bit wide out of the chicane and I punch it, and it pushes me towards him....and when I know I am getting out of sorts there, do I lift off? Hell no! I'm still on the throttle thinking I can recover. Front wing was trashed, and when in the pits I put on softs for funlike those didnt last, and funny thing is that I wasn't really much faster with the softs on :p Pitted again for mediums and settled in towards the end a bit.

I still need to find a 1 - 1.5s per lap somehow. I've never figured out the optimal line/braking/throttle to get around the corners on this track, and it ends up being a guessing game every lap. Nice to get back in the cockpit after having a week off of AC.

I still need to find a 1 - 1.5s per lap somehow. I've never figured out the optimal line/braking/throttle to get around the corners on this track, and it ends up being a guessing game every lap. Nice to get back in the cockpit after having a week off of AC.

I know it's a bit too late since the event is past, :whistling:. But as you were wondering where the line was, I just pick my best lap in race with the pedals input to give you some inspiration.

Seeing the setup, I actually drove with the basic one. I might have lower the pressure of the tyres by one click, but I think it's more psychological.

And just a last think. I'm used to never drive the softer tyres in practice. You don't really need to know how they behave. They are faster in majority of case (Nordschleife exclud of course). Thus when arriving in qualif after having pushed as hard as possible with slower compound, I do not overdrive the faster one. I'm just enjoying it.
But everyone has his habits, I guess.

Thx for the race.
See you next.

Thanks @Geof !
I am going to have to do a side by side comparison between your best and my best just to see where I am losing time. I know it is on the slow corners. But I need to know what I am doing wrong in those corners in terms of braking/throttle to see where I can improve. Just wondering, did you have Traction control on?

@Geof

It is encouraging to do a comparison like this one, because most of my time lost was in two spots and if I could clean things up here and there, and stay consistent through a race I could actually improve :)

I did an direct lap comparison with my best lap of the race. In the first sector we were dead even. You had maybe a 0.1 sec going into turn 11, but we were even going into turn 8.
Braked late going into 8 and was ~0.26s on exit of turn 12
~0.38s behind on entry at 10
~0.45s behind on entry at hairpin
~0.48s behind on entry at chicane
~0.83s behind on entry to final turn
~0.88s behind at start finish line.

0.7s of that was from a mistake and the chicane which I can never get through cleanly.....so I know where I need to improve :)

Here is the comparison video:

@Fred Locklear, that's a real post race debriefing. :)
Forget to mention, like you asked, that TC should not be used. Unless you're making some enduro, you will always be better if don't deleguate the power to some electronic devise...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 141 13.9%