Lotus Evora GT4 Coming to RaceRoom Racing Experience

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Lotus Evora GT4 5.jpg

Sector3 Studios have confirmed the little Lotus Evora will form the third car of the upcoming GT4 category within RaceRoom Racing Experience.

With Sector3 having only recently announced the long awaited release of the KTM Xbow GT4 in the upcoming patch, the closed top variant of the wonderful and at the time rather unique KTM Xbox joining the newly reworked Porsche Cayman ClubSport in the GT4 category within the game, the Swedish development group have popped in another rather nice surprise with the announcement of the Lotus Evora GT4.

RaceRoom Lotus Evora GT4 1.jpg
RaceRoom Lotus Evora GT4 3.jpg

Set to be the exact opposite of the Xbow GT4 - as in announced one week and released the next, the Evora is a welcome addition to what is set to become a rather popular category within the title, and bolsters the brand new to the title class of racing to a very respectable starting grid of three different and unique brands - with many more no doubt set to join the simulation in the months ahead.

The GT4 Evora will be made available in the upcoming November patch alongside the Porsche Cayman and KTM Xbow GT4 cars as additional DLC content, with no pricing details yet to be released.

Want to see the Evora and other GT4 cars in action out on track? Stay tuned to the RaceDepartment Twitch channel this Friday at 8PM UK for a live stream interview and track action marathon!

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play racing simulation from Sector3 Studios.

RaceRoom Lotus Evora GT4 4.jpg
RaceRoom Lotus Evora GT4 2.jpg

If you like RaceRoom and want to keep up to date with all the latest news and discussions, head on over to the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum. We host a whole range of top quality club racing events in our Racing Club and a great place to hang out and discuss the game with your fellow R3E fans. Pop over and say hello today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
Simple solution, don't play it. iRacing is always looking for new members. :rolleyes: The post wasn't even 30 minutes old and people already whining. :cry:

i quite like RR, with the right improvements and features that i seen ppl saying about for a very long time it could be right up there, but they only want to milk dlc nowadays

The Audi R8 LMS GT4 of Milan Dontje and Nicolaj Møller Madsen.

The Alpine A110 GT4, which made its debut in the GT4 European Series at Spa-Francorchamps.

The BMW M4 GT4 as raced by Nico Menzel and Beitske Visser.

The Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R of Luc Braams and Duncan Huisman.

The McLaren 570S GT4 as raced by Ricardo van der Ende and Finlay Hutchison.

The Aston Martin Vantage GT4 as raced by Fiona James and Matt Nicoll-Jones.

The Porsche 997 GT4 as raced by Dario Cerati and Maurizio Fondi.

Go Sector 3!!!
Please go after an entire GT4 grid it is my favorite class and seems to be gaining more traction.
I am very excited about this news thank you.

The Audi R8 LMS GT4 of Milan Dontje and Nicolaj Møller Madsen.

The Alpine A110 GT4, which made its debut in the GT4 European Series at Spa-Francorchamps.

The BMW M4 GT4 as raced by Nico Menzel and Beitske Visser.

The Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R of Luc Braams and Duncan Huisman.

The McLaren 570S GT4 as raced by Ricardo van der Ende and Finlay Hutchison.

The Aston Martin Vantage GT4 as raced by Fiona James and Matt Nicoll-Jones.

The Porsche 997 GT4 as raced by Dario Cerati and Maurizio Fondi.

Go Sector 3!!!
Please go after an entire GT4 grid it is my favorite class and seems to be gaining more traction.
I am very excited about this news thank you.
An entire GT4 roster would be a massive ask, there are way more GT4 cars then the ones that you have listed, it would be very expensive and I doubt their community is large enough to cover such a cost.

Yes there are many teams with 14 manufacturers, of course all will not be included but it's always good to let developers know what you would spend money on.

If I may add some food for thought here. Is anyone else curious about the license Kunos scored with SRO?
SRO runs both GT3/4 so it may not be a wild assumption to think about ACC GT4 DLC at some point, say season start 2020 @ Monza?
Just throwing that out there.

• Deleted member 205301

....Well at least a "real" gt4 grid is something i'm really really looking for, so it's a great news....
..In another part, X-Bow is living his last season IRL and Evora never really runed in gt4 (1 car in british-gt 2 years ago, that's all)...
I'm not an R3E fan (tyre model too simple, brakes way too simple too...), and a bit disapointed about that cars BUT (important) I'll give it a try...If it could encourages other GT4 in the future, it's great :)
@++

Cool....looking forward to trying these after they move to a new engine :)

Hopefully we will see more gt4 cars come to the game like the ones posted above.
The KTM and Evora are dying breeds in RL as mentioned.

Really wish they would rethink there initial DLC releases and release class car packs rather than single cars....than group it as a pack down the road?
Ya I could purchase the premium pack and get everything for $50....but holding out for the new engine to get my monies worth :)

I've got RRRE however I just can't get it feeling at all right with my OSW.

It's a real shame as I love the depth of cars and what not but just fail to get on board with it.

Happy to take any advise!

Understand your Post completely. I just could not find the Right Settings for my OSW Wheel too.
After i deleted, the SimBin Folder in the USER Folder i just started from scretch . Feels now a bit better.

I've enjoyed Raceroom over the years, especially the GT3 class, graphics are still very good, even now, perhaps being spoilt now but the recent Sims with their changing time of day etc. Raceroom starts to look a bit stale stuck on sunny weather ........ :unsure: but they could overcome that if they added lots of features which seem basic these days. I wont make a list as we all have opinions...... :cautious:

I welcome the GT4 class, though a bit late with outdated cars :whistling: but give me an offline multi-class feature and I might get my wallet out.....:sneaky:

I don't mean to be negative, but now I have to pay for something, which is free in AC, and tbh will have better handling. This is not an "us verses them" but how can one charge and one not?

Raceroom seem to be playing catchup but using the IRacing (you need to re-mortgage) route for anything and everything you want.

I am up for DLC don't get me wrong, but when it becomes more expensive than running a hot tup for a week, I have to question it.

It doesn't actually look that good as well :thumbsdown:

I don't mean to be negative, but now I have to pay for something, which is free in AC, and tbh will have better handling. This is not an "us verses them" but how can one charge and one not?

Raceroom seem to be playing catchup but using the IRacing (you need to re-mortgage) route for anything and everything you want.

I am up for DLC don't get me wrong, but when it becomes more expensive than running a hot tup for a week, I have to question it.

It doesn't actually look that good as well :thumbsdown:

I don’t think it’s fair to lump raceroom in the same boat as iRacing...I have both: R3E is WAY cheaper. I remember buying the everything bundle for R3E and it came up to about $65 USD (that was earlier this year I believe). $65 is about half of a 1 year membership to iRacing (can’t remember if that was a discount or not)...and that doesn’t include cars and tracks, that’s just to race. Cars cost $12 each, tracks $15 each. It does come with some cars and tracks, but it’s all the older content mostly...as you go up in license class you’ll have to pay much more to compete.

So essentially R3E with everything is about the cost of a AAA game...iRacing, not so much. Also not a “this vs. that” post, just FYI. Not bashing iRacing, because even though it’s very expensive, the ability to race others online 24/7 is currently unrivaled.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 144 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing