AC Lotus Ensemble @ Tsukuba - Wed 29.10.14

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Lotus_Ensemble_Tsukuba.jpg

"Red Sun"

Server: #2
Max servers: 1
Max number of participants: 17 (excluding Observer)
Cars: Lotus Exige V6 CUP, Exige S, Exige S Roadster, Exige 240R S3, Evora GTE
Track: Tsukuba
Download: click here

Booking: 18:00 GMT
Qualifying: 19:00 GMT
Race: 19:30 GMT
Race distance: 35 laps
Estimated end of event: 20:30 GMT

Participation requires a license: click here
Racing Club rules and License info: click here
Teamspeak password:
click here
Teamspeak installation guide: click here

||| It is imperative that you give back the position,
if you make contact and disadvantage another driver.
If proven, noncomplience will result in a 30 day license suspension.

Notes

This event
  • Time of day - 16:30h.
  • Standing Race Start.
  • Minimal number of participants - 5.
  • Enabled grip dynamics - 97% Qually, 98% Race, improving.
  • Enabled Penalties.
  • 100% tyre degradation.
  • 40% mechanical damage.
  • 100% fuel consumption.
  • Factory setting for ABS.
  • Factory setting for Traction Control.
  • Disabled Stability Control.
  • Enabled Auto-Clutch.
  • Teamspeak is mandatory.
  • Track position app recommended - LiveCarTracker.
In general
  • Server will be up, close to or at 18:00 GMT.
  • Booking starts at 18:00 GMT.
  • Sign out before 17:30 GMT, if you don't know for certain you can participate in this event or can't book in time.
  • Passwords are sent via private message before or at 18:00 GMT.
  • Call out on teamspeak to inform slower cars they are about to be lapped.
  • Make a new post for a better overview, if you do need to sign out.
  • To ensure a level playing field, set the ambient temperature to the default 26°C - example.
  • Check & load up your Race-setup after Qualifying.
  • For custom car liveries click here.
  • For car setups click here.
  • If anything goes wrong with the server, please leave here a message immediately.
  • Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience - this is not a league race. It's not about the results, it is meant to be fun.
  • Priority access: if the number of sign-ups exceeds the max number of participants, premium members are going to be given priority access for this event.
  • If you haven't already: buy Assetto Corsa directly from the RD Store for € 34,99.
Entry list
  1. Georg Siebert (Observer)
  2. Christopher Hall-Nelson
  3. Cayd Breslin
  4. Adria Perez
  5. Mathias André
  6. Victor Aldana
  7. Martin Faber
  8. Julius Sriubsa
  9. Sheamus Power
  10. Geoffroy Tassenoy
  11. Stefan Schmitz
  12. Aleksander Pienkowski
  13. Christian Lozanov
  14. David Molina
  15. -
  16. -
  17. -
  18. -
  19. -
  20. -
UTP: 39

Last edited:
Auto shifting is one thing and one thing just about everyone on RD doesnt do, but when it comes to having no auto clutch enabled, those who only have two pedals are really going to struggle with engine and transmission damage, aren't they? Or am I missing something?

Last edited:
Auto shifting is one thing and one thing just about everyone on RD does, but when it comes to having no auto clutch enabled, those who only have two pedals are really going to struggle with engine and transmission damage, aren't they? Or am I missing something?
For the assists, we organizers orient ourselves by the pro settings. I use flappy padals only, so I don't have any reference to manual shifting.
I don't know if they will. If you or somebody else can give me some examples and present evidence that an enabled autoclutch has the benefits you describe, then I'll consider switching it on.

As an effect of scientific training, I have an open mind and willing to change my point of view, if presented with credible evidence.

Last edited:
I'm confused. Do we have terminology mixed up somewhere?

Chris is saying that having auto-clutch disabled is a disadvantage to those without a clutch pedal, unless (somehow) it doesn't matter?

I for one would be concerned if auto-clutch was disabled. I use DFGT pedals, which doesn't have a clutch pedal, so how would I shift? Or would I just not be able to enter the race?

Its seems to me that there is some confusion to what the terminology should be.
With RD, we always used to have every aid turned was turned off APART from Auto Clutch, because 9 times out of 10 the racer wont be using a clutch pedal and an H-box.

Using flappy paddles is ok for a sequential gear system, but if you are to use the Lotus V6 Cup, having the auto clutch disabled means you cant drive that car unless you want to kill the engine if you use a Logitech DFGT for example!

Now, it could be that im going nuts, and non of this matters, or there's a conspiracy!

;)

Are these cars all the same lap times @Georg Siebert ? :)
I test drove each of them and some more. The Evora GTE has more HP and is faster on the one and a half straights here, but is heavier and feels like a tank in comparison to the 240R. The latter is the nimblest, however quite slow.
the Exige S/Roadster and the V6 Cup are rather equal (simple) sports cars, who fit in between.
Tests of all available cars resulted in +/- 0.2 to 0.3s within each others performance.

Ok.. let's make my question easier! Hehe.. I live in Holland. What time is it in the Netherlands when its 18.00 GMT? Call me an idiot if you think my question is stupid! ;) ;) ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 140 13.8%