Lotus Elite vs TVR Grantura @ Lakeside - Tuesday July 20th 2010

Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyergtc65.jpg

tvrvselite.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: Lotus Elite vs TVR Grantura (Download HERE)
Class Note: We are using the Grantura with 146HP (numbers #298 and #612)
Track: Lakeside Raceway
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 minutes
Qualification: 10 minutes (ONE TIMED LAP)
Race: 2 x 24 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: We are using the Lotus Elite skin pack. Default skins only for the Grantura.
Note3: The car you will be driving in Race 1 will be listed next to your name in the sign-ups. Please make sure you know what car you are driving in Race 1.

My Setups: : Lotus Elite / TVR Grantura

@Carlos: Thanks for the tips, it hasn't made me faster, but I have got a bit more consistent

BTW, can I suggest you don't take the BP skin for the Lotus- it's bound to get an oil leak :rolleyes:

Good little track tonight. Shame I couldn't get the TVR to go where I wanted. Had a few offs and was generally slow, not much else to report really.

The Elite was a differnet beast though, not often I say I prefer it but it was so much nicer for me. Started 5th, 3rd at T1 and then spun on Lap 2. I took a big hit in the process from someone who couldn't avoid me. Sorry about that, I know my car was knackered after this so I dread to think how the other one was.....

Had a good recovery driver after that and made it back to 3rd, which i was happy with.

Great night as always, cheers Carlos for setting up!

I love this track!

Race 1) I had a really nice battle with Bob in the first few laps in which Bob was the victor. Then I spent the entire race trying to close in on Bob but it was hopeless lol, the harder I tried to catch him the more he got away. Nice driving Bob :thumb:

Race 2) I think I qaulied 3rd (not sure), managed to get an OK launch and tried my best to follow Knut around the track. As you could imagine, pretty soon Knut was gone and I couldn't event follow his exhaust fumes.
In the first few laps Thommo caught up to me and passed me pretty easily. I then tried to follow Thommo around but he had an off in that left hand sweeper right before the tight, uphill right hander. That put me back in second. But now I had Tom chasing me down and slowly chopping away at the gap. Then a little while later I think I saw Thommo's name back in 3rd and catching me all over again. But near the end I saw Tom's name back in 3rd again, I figured Thommo had another off. The race was mostly lonely for me but It was exciting at the same time because I was always trying to run away from Tom and Stu.

Thanks for gifting me 2nd Stu lol. You were clearly faster mate.

Thanks for showing up guys. And thanks to RD.

P.S. How many of you would join an event with the 935? I am thinking of having one at 70sMonza next week. It's a fast flowing track. It fits the car well.

Let me know if you would give it a shot or not. Don't be afraid to be honest, I'm trying to fulfill a personal request.

Had great fun racing with Stuart in Race 1. As in the previous event our lap times were very close and so were the racing. We changed positions a couple of times and side by side several times. Actually I couldn't see your car most of the time, but I hope I didn't cut in front of you in an unfair manner. I could see Stuart go faster in the right-hander at the end of the downhill section while I gained some in the first turn. Fantastic race Stu. Wonder what it would be like if we had different cars?

Race two was very quiet, but I had a lot of fun trying to take a few more tenths off the lap time. I really like the Grantura!

Thanks Carlos, RD and all that showed up:good:

I need to try out the 935 first. I'll let you know Carlos

The Elite was a differnet beast though, not often I say I prefer it but it was so much nicer for me. Started 5th, 3rd at T1 and then spun on Lap 2. I took a big hit in the process from someone who couldn't avoid me. Sorry about that, I know my car was knackered after this so I dread to think how the other one was.....

That was me Tom. Car didn't feel that bad, well it drove straight and I still had lots of fun in it.

As for the racing tonight, I had immense fun in both races but race 1 was the best for me. Like Carlos reported earlyer, we had a right old ding dong for about 7 laps until I finally made the move stick and pulled a little gap, nice driving there mate.

Race 2, well it sort of went wrong at the start when Stu didn't take off and before I knew it I was checking out his rear lights and stuff. But once we did get going I had a nice little race with Hans, then Stu, then Stu again and after a few spins, trying to hard, settled down to bring it home.

Carlos this was a brilliant choice of cars, so well matched on lap times and the track is a little gem. The Grantura is a great mod, hope we can race it again and as for the Eilte, much overlooked car that is such fun to drive. Top marks mate for this one.

Grts to Knut on the 2 wins and thanks to all the guys for some top racing.

My G27 ( goodbye to flight yoke) arrived Monday and I got it installed /setup late last night with help from "Bob Across the Ocean" by about, I believe, 2:00 a.m. his time. Much thanks there mate. I practiced earlier today but found it very foreign,... got some driving tips from Bob and Stu and did see improvement. I can see that it is going to take some getting use to and I pray for positive results to come. Thanks to Carlos for the event and the setups, and to all racers. Everybody who lapped me thanked me. Now isn't that nice.

What is so great about this racing site, other than the great cars and tracks? .... The people who come here. I'll leave it at that because my racing was not eventful enough to repeat. Can't wait until next Tuesday.

That was a good choice of wheel, Jack, you should find it much better than the filght yoke, especially the pedals. It may take you a while to get used to it, but the control will be heaps better.

If you haven't seen it before, you may want to try my GTL profile for the G25, to give a better FFB. Details here:

http://www.racedepartment.com/gt-legends/4295-g25-profile-for-gtl.html

It should work the same for a G27 but I haven't got one to test it.

@Warren - Bob supplied Jack with a copy of Sam's ffb settings already, so he's got a better ffb than standard already, but...

@Jack - try Warren's ffb as well (once you've got used to Sam's so you can more readily appreciate the difference), as it's very finely tuned with a really nice feel to it. It's configured very differently to Sam's and you may find you prefer it.

All I would say is not to define "positive results" as immediately tumbling laptimes - start with getting the feel of the cars with the ffb, and improved consistency rather than speed as your first step. There's no point being blisteringly quick for 50% of the laps, if you're mowing the lawn for the other 50%.

Don't take this event as a baseline, though, as you had 2 things to contend with: your new wheel, and these cars beg to be pushed as hard as possible so offs were always going to happen

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back