The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyergtc65.jpg

Servername: RD GTL Racing Club
Class: Lotus Elite
Track: Pau 1967 / Dijon-Prenois GP
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 14 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Sprint Pack & Elite Pack will be used, so must be installed

Entry List:
  • Stuart Thomson #55
  • Ross McGregor #101
  • Bob Hutchins #110
  • Steven Palmer #66
  • Carlos Diaz
  • Tom Wilson
  • Jack Smith #31
  • Warren Dawes #888
  • Gary Lennon
  • Driver
  • Driver
  • Driver
  • Driver
  • Driver
  • Driver
  • Driver
  • Senad Subasic

Damn ISP....having syn issues all through 1st pratice which was a shame because I had some real good pace at Pau. After numerous reboots I thought it was OK, but Bob confirm I was lagging off the line and sure enough it only got worse.Then I hit the barrier and the car was banjo'd. Was looking forward to racing up front too ;(

Reboot again...and again....seems to be fine no "synchonising game" message.

Forgot to lengthen gears for quali, but got a P6.

Bob gets off to a flyer but then there's a few cars in disarray into T1 so pinch P4 behind Warren. Then everyone seems to have a BIG lag spike ( Guys on TS noticed it) then my pings shoot up to 2000 - 2500ms, so I quit out as it was undrivable and I didn't want to spoil anyone's evening.

Off to give my ISP a Rocket. :mad:

A perfect race one after a poor qualify,no idea how i ended up in the lead so early on,but there was a very sinister Tom chasing,i knew this wasnt going to be a quiet stroll,we indeed traded the lead a couple of times over the race,but Tom made a gem of a move with 2 laps to go and kept it to the finish.

Much better qualify at Dijon and i felt good for this one,the track is an old favourite and is usually kind to me,an average start so lost a place running down to T1,Ross looked like he was coming over to defend a bit so i backed off so as not to create anything this early on,sadly i was knocked up the rear end and speared off the track to the left in to the barrier,scrabbled out of there plumb last and miles down out of the race,the car was trash now as well with horrible damage,i was now in no mans land on my own with no chance of any racing to be had,so i will admit i sort of rage quit,it was mixed with a lot of boredom as well plodding along alone like that,there was just too long to go and i was a bit gutted at the time,sorry organisers if you feel this is not acceptable behaviour,been a long time since ive decided to take a DNF hit,but this was a good case for it.

Thank You Stu & RD

Fabulous Evening as always.

Race one I made a horlicks of qualy and was on the back row. Made a poor start and set about gaining some positions. On lap one I made some legitmate passes on Ross and Warren and then benefitted from Steve's lag-induced crash and a coming together between Stu and Bob. After an eventful 1st lap I appeared to be second, Feeling fairly pleased with this, and with Gary a few second up the road already I thought i'd just bring it home. However lap 2, 3 and 4 saw me stick in the fastest laps, couple this with Gary going a little deep into T1 and I was battling for the lead. I passed on teh long uphill drag and stayed there for a couple of laps, but then I went really off-line going into the final chicane and had to back right off. This allowed Gary to get past on the S/F straight and he stayed there until lap 12.

I managed to get T1 absolutely perfect and had awesome traction up the hill, knowing Gary would defend to the bitter end I decided suprise was the best weapon. I moved to the outside line and then at the perfect moment I cut back in, while holding my breath. Somehow I slithered though the gap and Gary very generously gave the space I needed to get through. After that I just tried to push as best as I could and I brought it home in 1st! A Fantastic race and a really enjoyable battle, thanks Gary for providing some great action.

Race Two I quallied a bit better, in 3rd, I made a decent start and took the lead into T1, Eventually Ross manged to Squeeze by and I could tell he was miles faster. After trying and failing to keep up I fell into the grasp of Stu and Warren as they had a real ding-dong battle. The three of us battled out until the and and it all finished up with me drag racing Stu to the line (and then to the tyre barrier at T1) 0:00.06s in it at the end.

So a fond farewell to the Elites, 1st and a 2nd made up for a hopelessly bad event last time out.

Thanks Stu for a great series, looking forward to this Beamer event now!!

Elite series finale.

Well a mixed bag for me tonight, after 2 great starts in race one I had a laggy Mr Palmer which caused me to be a bit cautious which resulted in me getting a little tap from Mr Thompson and from there it was just circlating until the end of the race. Not much you can do in a single make series if you loose touch with the pack. Race 2, as you've probably seen from Gary's post, as the pack were going into T1 & I had made two places from the start, I was waiting for Gary's brake lights to come on but before this I then realised I was too close and tried to take avoiding action by going to the right of him but it was not enough which resulted in me giving him a tap. Really sorry for this Gary as it ruined both our races.

Now to sum up this series. I had great fun in these cars, nice to drive and very close racing thoughout. Thanks Stuart for putting this on and great choice of tracks you choose to run the series on. Thanks to all the drivers that showed up to these events which made it what it was.

Well done Tom & Ross on the wins for tonight, grts rest of podium and thx guys for tonight.

You are welcome Lenno, but I didn't set this event up m8, it was Stu lol.

I couldn't make it to race one cuz I had the locksmith knocking at my door and I had to attend to that :(

Race two I jumped in just as you guys were rolling to qualy so I wasn't able to get any prior practice. I wasn't doing so bad at the beginning of the race as I was following Palmero around the track. But all of a sudden his car lags and I bump into him. Thankfully he's able to stay on the track but I go sliding off. After that I spent the great majority of the race trying to catch Bob who wasn't making any mistakes. Then I spun out and lost all hopes of ever closing in on Bob, not that I was doing a great job of it before the spin anyhow lol.

Even though I didn't get to battle with anyone, ran a pretty lonely race, and came in semi last, I still had a great time driving the Elite on this track. I am starting to really enjoy driving this car, before I used to hate it.

Thanks Thommo for setting up these series and sort of forcing me to give this car a fair chance. I just wish it had a wee bit more power lol.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 381 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 306 13.0%