Lotus Elite @ Mondello Nat & Hockenheim Short - Tue 18th Dec

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyergtc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: GTC65 - Lotus Elite (skinpack)
Track: Mondello National + Hockenheim Short

Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (20 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 (20 laps)

Note 1: Skinpack needs to be installed to join the server.
Note 2: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Norman Bruce
  3. Hans Sneep
  4. Krzysztof Babij
  5. Philip Brown
  6. Samuel Hunter
  7. Leszek Porzezinski
  8. Senad Subasic
  9. Peter Van Zanten
  10. Jack Smith
  11. Warren Dawes
  12. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
  13. Martin Maaskant
  14. Knut Omdal Tveito
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

I gave a try and there is a problem of overheating the engine, after few laps temperature is more than 110 degrees. Be careful :)

i also tested allot and did not have that problem

I just gave the Anglia a test run at Hockenheim Short, and drove it hard the whole time. The Temp warning lights came on after 4 laps and she was steadily becoming more smokey as I drove on. The engine finally gave up in a cloud of smoke on lap 14.

Also, the Anglia seemed excessively grippy to me, you could drive it almost flat around many corners, it stuck to the road better than a Mini. :confused: Didn't really seem realistic to me. :whistling:

Good decision to swap to the Elite I think. :thumbsup:

Hello Warren, the Anglias mod was released as 0.90. its still in shall we say late beta..

and was looking for feedback so we could pass it on and what better way of testing than in a race..
there were four different types and there are a few well 2 types that seem to have problems with overheating..
but cars #43 #50 #162 seem ok on every track as regards temps the others suffer on short tracks, constant gear changes really bring up the temps.. wev'e reported back to Tincorna and a fix is being looked at.. We thought we were ok with the testing we had done but as they say ...oooopps... In a effort to bring new cars into the club and league its not always plain sailing.. so any feedback is welcome and will be passed on..:)
I like how its a "she"... that tells to me your quite fond of them :inlove:

I love the look of the Ford Anglia. My best friends dad had one of these the year they came on holiday with us. We were staying out in the countryside, and one morning we came out to find a cow using the rubber windscreen seal as chewing gum. :D The cow was chased off, but next morning there was a LARGE cowpat right outside the drivers door :roflmao:

As usual, great fun and close racing. The Elites always deliver fun in spades, but they are a car I have never really felt like I get the best from them.
Good close racing with Krzysztof in Race 1 and plenty of fun laps with Jack, Norman, and Senad in Race 2.

Probably can't make the next event, so best wishes to all the GTL gentlemen for a happy and safe Christmas. :)

Fun evening. Big fan of both tracks. Well, perhaps not the middle hairpin on Hockenheim, had to tiptoe round there.
Gained a lot of time in turn 2 particularly, while behind Jack and Warren.

The car, not that comfortable in. No spins though, hey, progress!
I lose momentum so easily, and tough to get it back. Feels so light. I mean, it is light, but it feels light. Good job GT Legends I guess :)
Tough to get the corners right, but quite enjoyable when you do.

Running in the middle in both races. A bit of racing with Jack in race 1, fun, until i tapped him and made him spin. Sorry about that. Should've probably waited for the second off as well, but noticed you had someone on your tail anyway.

Mostly alone in race 2, catching up with Warren and Jack, fighting for position. I actually made a pass o_O

Thanks to Stuart and everyone racing, hope to see you in the next one.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%