flyer_june.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: TC65 Lotus cortina
Track: Nurburgring Sprint / St Jovite GP
Race Time: 13.00
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min
Race: 14 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins only

Entrylist:
  1. Stuart Thomson
  2. Ryan Callan
  3. Knut Omdal Tveito
  4. Andrew Jarnell
  5. Amir Margalit (tentative)
  6. Warren Dawes
  7. Sam J Simpson (astral projection)
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver
  27. Driver
  28. Driver
  29. Driver
  30. Driver

Hmmmm
Sam alerted me to a couple of possible issues

The front brakes data in XD shows a temp of about 2000 deg Fahrenheit.

Which is warmer than I'd like it. I think that's just a clash between the car and the motec out and the performance isn't noticably worse, but that's not the issue that concerns me.

The engine is really fragile, I blew one up inside 7 laps driving normally, no mad change downs while the revs were at redline, but my engine health - just like Sam's did - kept dropping off with every down shift.

I don't want people's nights to be ruined by an exploding engine and then just everyone ending up in the pits.

For ease of conscience, I'm going to change this from the TR4 to the Lotus Cortina, and I'll do some sleuthing on the TR4

I just checked out the TR4. From what I can see, I would say someone forgot to add a zero, and wrote 0.007 instead of 0.0007:) Thats the value of heatflux to the disc for a given torque of 1Nm. Thats why the front brakes heat up 10x faster.

But I did some laps to check the engine, but for me the engine health was constant. I even downshifted from 3rd to 1st etc...

I'm new to XD though. Engine health is the percentage in the middle of the XD screen right?

I just checked out the TR4. From what I can see, I would say someone forgot to add a zero, and wrote 0.007 instead of 0.0007:) Thats the value of heatflux to the disc for a given torque of 1Nm. Thats why the front brakes heat up 10x faster.

But I did some laps to check the engine, but for me the engine health was constant. I even downshifted from 3rd to 1st etc...

I'm new to XD though. Engine health is the percentage in the middle of the XD screen right?

It is on mine yeah - tbh mine was in an offline race with damage set to "Full"

There's good info though, so I'm hopeful that some way down the road the TR4 will make an appearance.

If anyone finds anything, please post it in the general section , and we'll keep this for cortina sign ups for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 309 27.6%