flyer_june.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: TC65 Lotus cortina
Track: Nurburgring Sprint / St Jovite GP
Race Time: 13.00
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min
Race: 14 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Default skins only

On the TR4: No engine damage when shifting from 4th to 1st, over-revving, ....
The brake-temperature goes way off chart.
I had engine damage after a full frontal accident (just to make sure there would be any damage at all).

The car seems awfully slow, or was that just because I had a bunch of 76'ers driving around me during testing. Could also be cause I just don't like those 4-speed gearboxes (traumatic experience with a real life Benz 190D :) )

• Matt Crouch

Sorry ladies but I'm experiencing some funky upper back pain today. Don't know if it's related but I think it would be best to give it a rest for tonight at least

That proved interesting tonight. Since I have the reputation as the RD worst starter, I tried an experiment today to see if I can improve things. I decided to turn off Autoclutch.
The good news: it seemed to give me a better launch off the line :good:
Bad News: I hadn't realised how savage the gear changes would be. :bad:

Race 1: Nice launch away in first gear, drop it into second, and the car surprisingly jumped sideways into the wall. That put me immediately about 6 or 7 secs behind the field, and I spent almost the entire race there, until Stu had an off and dropped back to keep me company for the last lap.

Race 2: Another nice launch, even controlled the change to second, but the first downshift into the chicane, you guessed it, the back came around to pass the front, so doughnut time again. It was a funny race though, as we all took turns to spin off, and to have a stint in the lead. I actually had the race won with one lap to go, and managed to spin about 3 times on the last lap. :doh:

Loved the St. Jovite track though, really interesting track even it is a bit tricky. :)

I need to comment on that as this is the first time that I see someone writing about the peculiarities of driving with all set to manual (including clutch) ... and since I had to laugh when reading your post, Warren, cause I feel with you

The good news: it seemed to give me a better launch off the line :good:

yeah, the 1st thing I realized when racing with all of u was the fact that I always got a perfect start off the line, passing 2 to 3 cars right away :)
Nice advantage of driving with manual clutch :)

HOWEVER

but the first downshift into the chicane, you guessed it, the back came around to pass the front, so doughnut time again.

@ this point, I really had a grin on my face, cause this has happened to me so many times now (although I am begining to control it now, more or less ;) and I came to the point where it just cracked me up and I began to see the funny side of it as the back broke out sending me into a nice drift around a turn, cooool :D MAYBE one day, this can be provoked and used to one's favor ;)

Race 2: Another nice launch, even controlled the change to second, but the first downshift into the chicane, you guessed it, the back came around to pass the front, so doughnut time again. It was a funny race though, as we all took turns to spin off, and to have a stint in the lead. I actually had the race won with one lap to go, and managed to spin about 3 times on the last lap. :doh:

Now, I really think I missed a nice race ;-) All this spinning ... nice !!! I would've taken to it like a duck to water :)

[OGU31D] Thats the license plate of Stuarts Cortina. Now, why do I know this? Because I spent pretty much the entire race 1 chasing him. It was a very good race and very clean. Thanks for the good racing:good:

Race 2 got off to a bad start. Going into the chicane I braked rather late and had to swerve off track in order to avoid Warren. The rest of the race was pretty quiet but St Jovite is a very entertaining track so lots of fun were had:)

Thanks RD and Thommo for a great event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years