Lotus 98T in AC

Dan Allen

I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.
Hi guys,

I'm having a slight problem with the new Lotus 98T in AC and need a bit of advice on how to drive the bloody thing properly. I think we're all in agreement that this thing is an absolute beast, but I find him a little bit too powerful, even if I turn the turbo down to 50-60%...

The only workaround I've figured out so far is to upshift quite a long time (relatively speaking) before I'm supposed to, otherwise I find I lose the back end and spin. I've tried a few things to counter this, including lowering the cars height, softening the suspension, adding more downforce via aero and even lowering the rear tyre pressures and keep having the same problem.

Is this just one of those cars where you're not supposed to open it up completely? Or could it be the fact that I'm playing with an Xbox 360 controller which isn't really designed for hardcore sim racing (Saying that, I get on quite well with the X360 pad with other cars like the AC Cobra and the MP4-12C GT3)?

How do you guys tame this monster of an automobile?

I tried the car for 2 days for the first time... managed a 1:03 on Silverstone Int. This car is hard but so much fun! I blew up engines a few time just because I was a bit late to release the gas pedal when up/downshifting...LOL... the question I have is how someone can do :0:51 seconds WR on silverstone INT without to overhide the limiter? I mean I tried everything, from put less wings, less gasoline, put 100% turbo (OH MY!!!) but the car don't want to go faster than 309 kph, do you have any idea?

I also tried on Monza 66... geez, these guys for real had really big balls to go flat on curva grande with this devil!

I tried the car for 2 days for the first time... managed a 1:03 on Silverstone Int. This car is hard but so much fun! I blew up engines a few time just because I was a bit late to release the gas pedal when up/downshifting...LOL... the question I have is how someone can do :0:51 seconds WR on silverstone INT without to overhide the limiter? I mean I tried everything, from put less wings, less gasoline, put 100% turbo (OH MY!!!) but the car don't want to go faster than 309 kph, do you have any idea?

I also tried on Monza 66... geez, these guys for real had really big balls to go flat on curva grande with this devil!

Did you adjust your gearing? I just reached 400 in a slipstream on Le Mans, so I am quite sure it is your gearing :-P

@Dan Allen
Dan, Formula cars are essentially dragsters with an aero package: aim & shoot. In general, the exit of a corner is much more important than the entry - focus on exit speed first and foremost. The corner begins, when you start braking for it: come from the outside - look straight ahead, brake in a straight line, turn in while just comming off the brake, aim for the apex and balance the oversteer of the 98T with your right foot. Also in the S-curves: plan 1,2 corners ahead - sacrifice entry speed in one corner to have greater exit speed in the next one.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back