AC Lotus 49 vs McLaren F1 @ Mugello - Thu 16 Apr 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Akis

Over 9000
rd-mug-49-f1.jpg

Notes:
  • If you can't book in time make sure to sign out before 17:00 GMT.
  • Join the server from 18:00 to 19:00 GMT
  • Password is sent via pm before the practice session.
Cars: Lotus 49, McLaren F1 GTR
Track: Mugello (94% start)

Booking: No (pickup mode)
Practice: 18:00 GMT (1 hour)
Qualifying: 19:00 GMT (20 minutes)
Race: 19:20 GMT (20 Laps ~40 mins | Standing Start)

This race is premium only: More Information
Racing Club Rules: click here
Teamspeak Password:click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here

Our racing clubs are first and foremost meant for gaining online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. This is not a league race, it's not about who wins, it's for some fun.

Entry List
  1. Stelios (49)
  2. Akis (49)
  3. Adria Perez (49)
  4. armani-thomas (F1)
  5. Mathias André (49)
  6. Geof (49)
  7. Vacant
  8. Vacant
  9. Vacant
  10. Vacant
  11. Vacant
  12. Vacant
  13. Vacant
  14. Vacant
  15. Vacant
  16. Vacant
  17. Vacant
  18. Vacant
  19. Vacant
  20. Vacant
  21. Vacant
  22. Vacant
  23. Vacant

Last edited:
How do you set up your gears for this?

I did a few laps on the lotus 49 and I realised that I drove the entire track with 3rd gear (withdefault gear ratios) with the exception of the end of straight (where I go up to 5th) and just before last turn, where I briefly use 4th...

I was tempted to set up second gear to be much longer, nearly as 3rd, and shift 3rd and 4th accordingly, but I took a look at the torque curve and the torque peaks at 6k rpm (power at 9k), and is nearly flat up to 9k rpm,

So should I change my gear ratios, or because I manage to keep the engine between 6k and 9k I don't need to bother?

I'm planning to become a premium member and join this race. But don't have much experience. Haven't raced since sometime last year where pit was not an option. And I can't try it out in single player. How long does a pit stop take all inclusive?
I'll take the mclaren with hard tyres, do they last 20 laps? The maximum I can go with ai is 14 laps and there the tyres show 99% after finish, but the last 3-4 laps it looks like I'm 1 second slower than the first 10 laps.

I'm planning to become a premium member and join this race. But don't have much experience. Haven't raced since sometime last year where pit was not an option. And I can't try it out in single player. How long does a pit stop take all inclusive?
I'll take the mclaren with hard tyres, do they last 20 laps? The maximum I can go with ai is 14 laps and there the tyres show 99% after finish, but the last 3-4 laps it looks like I'm 1 second slower than the first 10 laps.

pit stop depends on the circuit, but 10 seconds in, 10 seconds in the pit and 10 seconds out could be a rough estimate. Moreover, if it is your first pit stop add another 10 seconds for the confusion of the pit menu... In my experience, if you can, avoid pitting.

I haven't tried the mclaren in mugello, but hards should be more than enough to last the full race. In general, tyres are relatively fine until you hit 96% or 97%, and you can push them down to 92%-93%, depending on the car. Yes, you will be slightly slower with tyres at 97% than at 99% (99% is usually considered tyres in nearly perfect state) but the time difference will rarely be worse than going into the pits. As a (very coarse) rule of thumb, pitting is only worth if your tyres are under 95% at half race.

I was also planning to race tonight but due to lack of time i wont be able to.

I tested yesterday the F1 GTR cause i hadnt driven it since release.

I really liked it and i made some setups that could be useful to you guys.

I did about 20 laps and the medium tyres were ok.I managed to run high 55s and low 56s with 22c and a green track.I think that 24 laps with the slick tyres is doable and about 76-77 liters of fuel for the whole distance.

Have fun

Attachments

• test2.ini
    1.1 KB · Views: 238
  • race1.ini
    1.1 KB · Views: 241
I was also planning to race tonight but due to lack of time i wont be able to.

I tested yesterday the F1 GTR cause i hadnt driven it since release.

I really liked it and i made some setups that could be useful to you guys.

I did about 20 laps and the medium tyres were ok.I managed to run high 55s and low 56s with 22c and a green track.I think that 24 laps with the slick tyres is doable and about 76-77 liters of fuel for the whole distance.

Have fun
Thanks Nasos. Please make a new thread in this section so everyone can benefit from them :D

? Not sure what you're asking for, but if you want me to share my setup, you should click on the word... SETUP :)
Hehe, sorry i was actually replying from my mobile phone and since the sun is strong in Athens today i didnt notice it was a link :D

Sadly i have to pull out from this race, i got a muscular spasm or however the hell thats called, i cant turn my head freely left / right...

Hehe, sorry i was actually replying from my mobile phone and since the sun is strong in Athens today i didnt notice it was a link :D

Sadly i have to pull out from this race, i got a muscular spasm or however the hell thats called, i cant turn my head freely left / right...

Turn up your fov, then you only need to look straight ahead:thumbsup: I'll be very disappointed if you bail out now 1 hour before :(:(:(:(

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 140 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 381 39.7%