AC Lotus 49 vs McLaren F1 @ Mugello - Thu 16 Apr 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
A little bit of a lonely race... I did the first 10 laps or so in a decent lap times/consistency despite laping last a few tenths slower than @Mathias André, but after losing touch with the people in front I got a bit bored and thought that it would be interesting to practice a bit of drifting. That lasted 2 turns until I went to the gravel and decided that that had been a very stupid idea. From there I started piling mistakes and I just cruised to the end to take a solid 5th position!

Thx all for the race!

Always so much fun with this car.
I was surprise to see that I got the best lap in race :O_o:.
So, @Akis, you weren't lying on your tyres behaviour:p.
Don't give up, keep bringing this car on our racing club times to times. :)

See you next.

@Geof the tyre drop off I felt after lap 5 was ..impressive!
I may have pushed the car too much at the first laps. Then I had to adapt to the new conditions. This process took 6 laps. The car was still capable of fast laptimes, but needed different inputs to achieve them.

How was the grip during this race? If I have understood correct its 94% at beginning of practice, but I thought I would be better and better during the race? Because normally I lap 1.56'es against the ai with hard slicks, but in this race my best was a high 1.58, but also had a damaged front-end, after my first spin.
But maybe it was also a mistake to choose hard slicks, I don't know how long the mediums last. I haven't raced much since last year, but as I remember the medium usually only last about 10 laps ?

@armani-thomas we started quali with 94.6% and the race at 94.9% if I'm not mistaken. The track grip at the end of the event should 've been above 96%.
Mediums wouldn't last more than 10 laps.

*Decimal points of the track grip can be seen through the dev app called "car physics".

Ok I thought the grip would gain faster. But I guess it has something to do with we only were a few cars on the track.
Yes. Mind you that in a race weekend in Formula 1 the track gains 3-4% of speed from Friday to Sunday and that's with a full grid.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 127 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 470 39.0%