AC Lotus 311 @ Okayama - Wednesday October 16 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
No one talking about the race? I’m starving over here, how was it?!

The turnout was a little low, but overall it was pretty fun; those cars feel very alive and responsive. Couldn't really throw the car into 6th as the gearbox is fixed and the straights aren't long enough, but other than that they fit in at Okayama very well. I won the first race and Scott won the second.

I had my TC set in the highest level (the most safe one), and it's impressive how the car simply could not deliver power when I had full throttle on the turn exit. Then I set one level down, and I couldn't manage the car on track :laugh:

There isn't a TC stage between a slow turn exit and the drift handling.

But the car is pretty great, and both races were pretty fun!

Thanks guys! Always a good time at wednesday nights.

I had my TC set in the highest level (the most safe one), and it's impressive how the car simply could not deliver power when I had full throttle on the turn exit. Then I set one level down, and I couldn't manage the car on track :laugh:

There isn't a TC stage between a slow turn exit and the drift handling.

But the car is pretty great, and both races were pretty fun!

Thanks guys! Always a good time at wednesday nights.

Wow I figured you were using no TC at all, but yea it's definitely a great car. @scottiedawg66 maybe we should try a 1 month series at some point (with points)? Doesn't have to be with this car.

Cool, I'm glad everyone had a good time despite the low turnout!

Speaking of which, I know this is really poor timing now, but I probably won't be around much for a few weeks. I'm going to run the last few races of the Brazilian GT3 series with Douglas and Marcos. I thought it would be really fun to race a series with those guys, and I also really struggle for speed in the GT3 cars so I wanted to be forced to practice more in them and see if I could become more comfortable. I think it ends in early December, so I should be back participating regularly after that, at least for a month or so until the AMS Mini Challenge happens again :D I may still be able to do a race from time to time over the next month, we'll see, but I don't have a huge amount of time for practice so I have to concentrate on the GT3 series for now.

I like @BP idea of doing a one month series sometime, that would be fun!

Cool, I'm glad everyone had a good time despite the low turnout!

Speaking of which, I know this is really poor timing now, but I probably won't be around much for a few weeks. I'm going to run the last few races of the Brazilian GT3 series with Douglas and Marcos. I thought it would be really fun to race a series with those guys, and I also really struggle for speed in the GT3 cars so I wanted to be forced to practice more in them and see if I could become more comfortable. I think it ends in early December, so I should be back participating regularly after that, at least for a month or so until the AMS Mini Challenge happens again :D I may still be able to do a race from time to time over the next month, we'll see, but I don't have a huge amount of time for practice so I have to concentrate on the GT3 series for now.

I like @BP idea of doing a one month series sometime, that would be fun!

So what exactly is this series everyone's talking about? I have a bit more free time on my hands at nights and I wanna venture out beyond RD events. If I can keep up with you guys every now and then, maybe I can hold my own...maybe :ninja:

Hey fellas, the fire is contained but its saturday? I think? kind of a blurr....but I could not get up a thread so we will shoot for an RD event on wednesday the 13th. Sorry its been so spotty. We will get the band back together.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 335 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 227 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 170 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 290 13.4%