AC Lotus 2 Eleven GT4 @ Silverstone National - Friday 24th Oct. 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Chris

Premium
2014-10-18_00001.jpg

"The other other Silverstone."

Haven't got the game yet? Buy Assetto Corsa directly from the RD Store for only 34,99 Euro

Special Notes:
  • If you can't book in time make sure to sign out before 19:30 AEDT (08:30 GMT).
  • Password is sent via TeamSpeak.
  • Minimum number of sign ups required for event to go ahead: 5
Cars: Lotus 2 Eleven GT4
Track: Silverstone National
silverstone-national-circuit1.jpg

Booking: 20:00 AEDT (30 mins)
Practice: 20:30 AEDT (30 mins)
Qualifying: 21:00 AEDT (15 mins)
Race: 21:15 AEDT (20 Laps)

Racing Club Rules: click here
Teamspeak Password:click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here

Our racing clubs are first and foremost meant for gaining online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. This is not a league race, it's not about who wins, it's for some fun.

Priority access
In case of a large amount of sign-ups premium members are given priority access to enter this event.

Entry List:
  1. Tony Binelli
  2. Justin Talent
  3. Jack Trooper
  4. Ashley Cowan
  5. Jeremy Talbot
  6. David Armstrong
  7. Sun Levi
  8. Matthew Bailey
  9. Chris Innes (maybe)
  10. Theodore Karas
(24 Grid slots available)

Last edited:
you got those times right chris? how are you wa guys supposed to do a 4pm book in ?

edit: just realised you have changed to aedt time, confuse me much:)

wtf im so confused surely this is too early for perth

Last edited:
Sign me in. :)

Also there is an issue with the times here. In the special notes GMT 8:30 is equated to 18:30 AEDT. The difference now is 11 hours, not 10, meaning 8:30 GMT would be 19:30 AEDT.

Maybe the times are an hour too early? As the WA guys have a 4 PM booking time here which seems a tad early.

Last edited:
you got those times right chris? how are you wa guys supposed to do a 4pm book in ?

edit: just realised you have changed to aedt time, confuse me much:)

wtf im so confused surely this is too early for perth
Yes, sorry Tony, it's too early for perth. I had just copied them from the Enduro event as I was in a bit of a hurry.

/fixed.

Practice tracks are up

Traction Control=off
ABS=Off
Stability Control=Off
Penalties=Off
DAMAGE_MULTIPLIER=Full
FUEL_RATE=Full
TYRE_WEAR_RATE=Full

SniperAC: abarth@Silverstone
Password:sniper
Starting grip 93%

SniperAC2: abarth@spa- for a bit of fun
Starting grip 93%

SniperAC3: Lotus 2 Eleven GT4@Silverstone National
Starting grip 93%

Enjoy!

Hi there.
I am wondering, why is here, when somebody wants to race club race, such a drama before race finally begins? Why booking, why password over TS instead usual way and why I must be on TS during the race? Why can˙t I just send a request to sign me up, go to the server couple days before race to practice and on race day (evening), just join it and do my best like all RD club races with all other games? Why so many rules, which is keeping me away of AC club races?

I am not whining, I am just asking and thanks for your kind answer :thumbsup:.

Hi there.
I am wondering, why is here, when somebody wants to race club race, such a drama before race finally begins? Why booking, why password over TS instead usual way and why I must be on TS during the race? Why can˙t I just send a request to sign me up, go to the server couple days before race to practice and on race day (evening), just join it and do my best like all RD club races with all other games? Why so many rules, which is keeping me away of AC club races?

I am not whining, I am just asking and thanks for your kind answer :thumbsup:.

Why booking? Because it's the system that Assetto Corsa uses. We don't usually use the Jump-In mode for organised events because that mode still has some bugs present, also, the booking mode is just better. Plain and simple.

Club racing is about having fun. TeamSpeak is part of having fun as it allows you to actually talk with people and joke around. Trust me, the atmosphere of our TS club races is fantastic. It's great fun to have a bit of banter with someone as you're racing wheel to wheel with them.

Using teamspeak also allows us to communicate any issues with the server there may be as quickly as possible. So if the server has an error, we can notify anyone as quickly as possible, address the issue, and then alert everyone again when it's resolved.

Why so many rules?
Rules have to be present, otherwise people will abuse the system no end.
Rules are what allow us here at RD to run some of the highest quality club and league races on the planet.
Rules are what Sim-Racing is all about. The whole system would be an utter mess without rules.

Last edited:
Thanks for your answer :thumbsup:.
I did some club races before with different games and I had fun without TS jokes (I go there to race, not to chat), I pay attention to all the rules (never had any problem with it), all the problems can occur also on the other club race servers, they did and were solved without must-be-on-TS. My simple question is, why AC club races have different rules than all other games here, why is everything more complicated than other RD club races?
(thanks for booking explanation :) )

Thanks for your answer :thumbsup:.
I did some club races before with different games and I had fun without TS jokes (I go there to race, not to chat), I pay attention to all the rules (never had any problem with it), all the problems can occur also on the other club race servers, they did and were solved without must-be-on-TS. My simple question is, why AC club races have different rules than all other games here, why is everything more complicated than other RD club races?
(thanks for booking explanation :) )
It's not complex at all. In fact it's incredibly easy. It's only complex for those who are not willing to give it a try.
This is a sign up thread for our Australian event. I do not want it to be commandeered by a discussion. If you have further questions, feel free to post them in the FAQ thread.

/End of discussion.

Last edited:
Guys , please don't be harsh to me but when this race starts , it is Friday night in Australia and Saturday morning in Europe, correct? I am asking to be sure if i can make it to join.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back