AC Lotus 2/11 GT4 @ Imola - Fri 18/08/17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
2 wins in a row at Imola, hope for 3 next week at Imola again in the very car i drove that got me hooked at Imola in first place cant wait. Having lots of fun here so thx guys for the great community, i really enjoyed that race bar the excessive chat on ts during race which as a pet hate made me make a few boobies which then helped mr Carlos catch me, had a great battle with him he drove fantastic and i thought my lead was going but he also made mistake with shunting me in rear and he backed off so i regained the lead was tense racing but much enjoyed adrenaline rush so thx again to all involved.

Oops, forgot to say, thanks to David for helping me get up to speed once I figured out what the f*** the ABS was doing (I had it on and it was locking all over the place).

That was a very nice event for me. After adapting from the completely different feeling of the MX5 Cup I felt pretty comfy with the good'ol Lotus (ah, those controlable wosh-wash every single corner :D). I didn't bother with touching anything in the standard setup, so I just drove the little L lap after lap to get the feeling with and without fuel in the practice. My qualy wasn't going too well the first 20 mins, so I settled for a normal lap, which let me the 10th spot. Fortunately my last second effort improved my time almost half a second and I managed to start the race in 4th position!

The first lap was pretty clean up the front. Tense for me, but clean nonetheless. I lost a position to Raphael, who started was better than me, but I managed to stay close to watch his battle with Brian for the 3rd position. Brian made a mistake on the second to last corner and Raphael could take 3th with an easy pass on the main straight. I followed Brian on lap 2, being faster than him through the first corner sequence but almost losing it at Piratella. He made a mistake in Acque Minerali and I passed him. Now in 4th I pursued Raphael, who already was closing on Andy in 2nd place. Up at the front, David was already flexing muscles with a fantastic pace.

My move for 3rd place came after the pass Raphael made on Brian on lap 3. He came faster out of Acque Minerali and up to the chicane. Brian made things easy for him while breaking at the chicane, but from my perspective it was pretty close. Watching the replay I can say that it was a clean manover. Well done chaps! They stayed close on their way down the second to last corner, being almost side by side, but Raphael took a (sort of clumsy ;) ) interior and stayed in 2nd. In the last corner, Brian had a wobble and I found myself enjoying his slipstream at the start of the main straight. We drove side by side on the finish line and I was on the fron while breaking in the interior for turn 1. I believe Brian sacrificed the battle in T1 to make a better approach to the corner and fight back on the next straight. He really took T1 way better than me, but I managed the sequence good enough to stay at front. Then I went wide at Villeneuve chicane, but saved it in the last second, staying in 3rd position until the end of the race. I settled for a normal pace, with a couple of fast laps when I felt comfortable enough, but I wanted to manage the tires making only minor errors and taking my first podium on my 4th race here at RD. I am very happy! :D

Last edited:
maybe you could explain more on this i get this at times just touch the brake and instant lock up

So basically whatever setting I had ABS on it didn't seem to stop me locking up, so my braking zones were ludicrously huge. My times were around 2:05 to give you an idea of how bad, vs 1:56 in Q and I think in the race too.

As such I was finding it better with ABS turned off, but David pointed out that it costs a lot of time (as well as a number of other really helpful pointers) so I poked and prodded the ABS and electronics and eventually it just started working (which I could tell because I could brake 100m later for the 1st chicane). It seems to me that there's some kind of bug there tbh. Or I'm just ****. One of those two things.

So basically whatever setting I had ABS on it didn't seem to stop me locking up, so my braking zones were ludicrously huge. My times were around 2:05 to give you an idea of how bad, vs 1:56 in Q and I think in the race too.

As such I was finding it better with ABS turned off, but David pointed out that it costs a lot of time (as well as a number of other really helpful pointers) so I poked and prodded the ABS and electronics and eventually it just started working (which I could tell because I could brake 100m later for the 1st chicane). It seems to me that there's some kind of bug there tbh. Or I'm just ****. One of those two things.
It may be that it's the "racing abs" in the gt4 edition. I agree that it would be nice to have it adjustable!

I kind of had the same experience as i said on teamspeak and kept having to check if it was on or off.. as so,many times it seemed to work perfectly but the next lap i was locking up..
i usually try and drive with no assist with lower powered cars. but did find the factory setting worked ok on higher powered cars, but this car seems different at times.. i will have another go to see if i can rectify my issues..:)

I kind of had the same experience as i said on teamspeak and kept having to check if it was on or off.. as so,many times it seemed to work perfectly but the next lap i was locking up..
i usually try and drive with no assist with lower powered cars. but did find the factory setting worked ok on higher powered cars, but this car seems different at times.. i will have another go to see if i can rectify my issues..:)
hi @Rupe Wilson
will there be no further action with this car here at racedepartment?
hape

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back