Lots or all formatting options (B, I, text size, alignment, etc.) often don't work

At first I thought it had something to do with pop-up / ad / script blockers so I disabled them but the problem still persisted. Then I thought the problem was with the browser so I went from Brave, to Opera. Still had the issue. I then went from Opera to Firefox and the options started working so I thought using Firefox fixed the issue. Around 30 minutes or so later, the problem has re-occured this time also with Firefox browser.

You try to click on the "B" (for bold) button, or italic, font-size, text colour, quote, insert table, smilies, etc. and nothing happens. The mouse icon doesn't even change, it stays a normal arrow. The only buttons that work are the 3 dots for "more options", nothing else works. This has been going on for months. It happens on two different PCs with very different parts and on at least 3 different browsers (Brave, Opera, Firefox).

Last edited:
Solution
Staff
Premium
I think I know what's afoot, cos it happens to me now and then.
Try the button I've highlighted in my pic below - it's for toggling "BB code" and it's really useful except when you accidentally leave it on :roflmao:
(Edit: you need to hit the final 3-dot button to show it, at least on my screen.)

1669238062440.png
Try the button I've highlighted in my pic below - it's for toggling "BB code" and it's really useful except when you accidentally leave it on :roflmao:
(Edit: you need to hit the final 3-dot button to show it, at least on my screen.)

1669238062440.png

Last edited:
Solution

View attachment 619091
Thank you, that fixed it. I had no idea that option would be kept permanently enabled from post to post, thread to thread, etc. If I'm not mistaken, every other option (bold, text size, text colour, alignment, paragraph format, etc.) always automatically returns to default.

Last edited:
Yeah such settings are cached. Sometimes annoying but a godsend the moment you close your browser whilst being in the middle of a thousand word reply, in that case you are happy it's stored for a while :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 369 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 513 39.1%