Lots of Exciting iRacing Content Confirmed for March Build Release

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing IndyCar 2018.jpg

Lots happening in the world of iRacing of late as the online service confirms plenty of new content.. including a couple of LMP1 legends and the new IndyCar...

Perhaps one of the more exciting confirmations comes news that the 2018 specification Dallara IndyCar will make its iRacing debut this March 6th, coming to a racing simulation for the very first time and as an additional bonus, it will be free for players who already own the previous version!

In other car news, the March build will also include two massive prototype endurance names with the mega Porsche 919 Hybrid and the Audi R18 e-tron Quatrro joining the raft of GTE / GT3 cars already available to purchase.. oh and Le Mans is in the sim too..

To celebrate, check out this nice new trailer for the R18...
Stepping away from cars for a little while, the March build will also include one or two new locations too.. with the Sonoma Raceway GRC circuit joining the off road racing element of the sim in just a few days time...

Anything else? Well maybe the odd surprise or two and a massive change log of improvements to boot.. roll on March 6th!​

iRacing Audi LMP1.jpg

iRacing.com is a PC exclusive online only subscription racing simulation available through the Steam network.

For more from the world of iRacing, including setup advice, news and community discussion, head over to the RaceDepartment iRacing sub forum and get yourself involved in the discussion.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to the new build update? Which piece of content interests you the most? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I like the sight lines in the Audi. Some sims the prototypes fenders are making hitting the apex a bit difficult to spot.

Great to see another GRC track make it in!
Any word in the channellog about any tweaks to the loose surface physics?

I recently had a chance to test some of the rally x content on a friends vr motion rig.
Car felt great on the tarmac, but on dirt i am gonna write it off on his g27 wheel being the weakest factor. The braking and lateral grip felt very odd with little to no resistance or feedback.
I only ask as I recall in a past iracing rally x release review people mentioning odd behaviours on dirt.

Really hoping with the addition of dirt content in the past yr, iracing can aquire some licenses to bring lucas offroad content to the simulation : )

I joined Iracing about 6 months ago.It is expensive but if you like all the different types of racing the basic package is more than enough to occupy most of your time now with Rally Cross added.I have bought plenty of content & find I dont have time to use it all.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%