Lost my God rays

Pretty new to AC and I run 2x installs on seperate HDD, 1x for painting and editing, the other for driving. Both appear to have the same PP mod installed "natural mod" and all settings maxed out on each yet one only is getting God rays at the same track with same time and weather selections and unfortunately it's not my driving install... now I know I'm new to all this filter stuff and possibly have screwed my driving install up... can any suggest what might be stopping the rays. Yes cresupelar rays are on in both

The track is monza at 0830 with clear weather.

Thanks

right then this is really really ticking me off...
i have copied the following folders from the install that has God rays working to the install that does not show them: ppfilters, weather, clouds, i have set exact time and weather, and still it does not show them. I have validated game files and still got no rays of god I have check the video.ini in the documents folder to make sure its on in there and it is... doesnt someone have a clue what it could be or even how to totally erase any and everything that may have been affected by sticking in and out all the different PPfilters SERIOUSLY annoyed to the point i dont want to drive this sim anymore because i know its not working as it should.

right then this is really really ticking me off...
i have copied the following folders from the install that has God rays working to the install that does not show them: ppfilters, weather, clouds, i have set exact time and weather, and still it does not show them. I have validated game files and still got no rays of god I have check the video.ini in the documents folder to make sure its on in there and it is... doesnt someone have a clue what it could be or even how to totally erase any and everything that may have been affected by sticking in and out all the different PPfilters SERIOUSLY annoyed to the point i dont want to drive this sim anymore because i know its not working as it should.
Silly question, have you checked in game settings Crepuscular rays is ticked

ok... i found a old post from someone having the same issue late last year over at assettocorsa.net

I got them working again but according to the post not the optimal look but at least they are back again.
I had to edit the PPFilter file itself.... in my case the Natural_mod one

i had to change the DEPTH_MASK_THRESHOLD to a figure of 0.9991 (under the [GODRAYS] section)
it used to be 0.999999999

after doing that the rays are back... but only on that PPFilter.

so something still weird going on... at least i did a quick GT3 race at Monza at 8am with sunshine streaming thru the trees, now i can go to bed happy and hopefully have car racing dreams.

this was all happening on a triple screen setup... if that matters ???

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.9%