Lost engine sounds

Hi, I'm having a problem that some cars (mainly the original Kunos cars such as the Ferrari F2004, Zonda R) have recently lost a lot of their sounds including engine sounds. Most of the other cars still have all sounds working.
They used to run fine. The only thing I've done to change recently is change the hard drive that AC runs on.
I'm running the latest version of Content Manager/CSP/Sol etc.
Having had a bit of a play in the GUID file for the F2004 - by replacing the "event:/cars/ks_ferrari_f2004/engine_int" line with one that I know works (such as "event:/cars/ferrari_f2002/engine_int") then I get the engine sound back (presumably as a F2002) so I think that's part of the problem, but that's as far as I got!
Anyone else had this problem?

Managed to sort this out - at some point a while ago I had swapped out the .bank files for some cars to replace with some improved sound files. I suspect that with the switch to another drive something got messed up, fortunately I had kept the original .bank files and swapped them back in to the appropriate sfx folder, then removed the GUID file and next time I tried it was back working.

Managed to sort this out - at some point a while ago I had swapped out the .bank files for some cars to replace with some improved sound files. I suspect that with the switch to another drive something got messed up, fortunately I had kept the original .bank files and swapped them back in to the appropriate sfx folder, then removed the GUID file and next time I tried it was back working.
Hi could you send me the .bank files, It happened the same thing to me but I haven't backed up them.

I had a similar issue - no engine or tire sounds, but plenty of wind noise. I fixed it by deleting the "GUIDs.txt" files in each "SFX" folder under each car's folder. I am not sure what created these files, or how they could suddenly change (I was literally playing the game all day when suddenly I got no engine sounds in 70% of my cars).

I had a complete backup of my Assetto Corsa folder, so deleting the files wouldn't have caused a big deal if I messed anything up - but this fixed it for me.

Last edited:
I had a similar issue - no engine or tire sounds, but plenty of wind noise. I fixed it by deleting the "GUIDs.txt" files in each "SFX" folder under each car's folder. I am not sure what created these files, or how they could suddenly change (I was literally playing the game all day when suddenly I got no engine sounds in 70% of my cars).

I had a complete backup of my Assetto Corsa folder, so deleting the files wouldn't have caused a big deal if I messed anything up - but this fixed it for me.
those GUIDs.txt files are needed for third party/mod soundfiles, they tell the game engine where to find each sound event in the new fmod .bank file (the stock game sounds use a dedicated GUIDs.txt stored somewhere else. The files in each sfx folder overwrite that one for each specific car).

If you could delete all those extra GUIDs files and regained sound after that, you probably did the Steam file verification check thingy, which overwrote all the mod sounds you had installed at some point. But because that check thingy can not check for superfluous files, those now nonfitting GUIDs remained and pointed to engine to the wrong addresses, hence you having no sound but wind.

those GUIDs.txt files are needed for third party/mod soundfiles, they tell the game engine where to find each sound event in the new fmod .bank file (the stock game sounds use a dedicated GUIDs.txt stored somewhere else. The files in each sfx folder overwrite that one for each specific car).

If you could delete all those extra GUIDs files and regained sound after that, you probably did the Steam file verification check thingy, which overwrote all the mod sounds you had installed at some point. But because that check thingy can not check for superfluous files, those now nonfitting GUIDs remained and pointed to engine to the wrong addresses, hence you having no sound but wind.
What's the fix for this? My "fix" restored sounds for some cars, but not all.

What's the fix for this? My "fix" restored sounds for some cars, but not all.
... I don't understand, you described your fix, and I added why exactly it worked.

There's no further fix, the GUIDs.txt files always only fit the specific mod sound you installed, so either you install the same mod sound again, .bank file and .txt file, or you delete all those GUIDs.txt files and run the Steam verification to get the stock Kunos sounds back.

... I don't understand, you described your fix, and I added why exactly it worked.

There's no further fix, the GUIDs.txt files always only fit the specific mod sound you installed, so either you install the same mod sound again, .bank file and .txt file, or you delete all those GUIDs.txt files and run the Steam verification to get the stock Kunos sounds back.
Well, your response kind of hinted that my fix was not the correct thing to to and ultimately it didn't work for every car. I ended up restoring the "cars" folder from backup and so far MOST of the sounds are back.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back