Lost connection

• Stirb Iuliu

Lost connection bug

I get lost connection on every server in the lobby.

After I press "join" button I have a lagg of couple of seconds to a couple of minutes till I get into the car selection menu.

It's ok as long as there are 2-3 players on the server, but, if it's crowded I'm dropped out instantly and I can't get in no matter what.

I've replaced: antivirus, firewall, install and reinstall Steam/Race07, defraggment, scandisk, scan malware, spybots, format C:\, new fresh Windows install etc.
Same bloody issue.

I've turned to live support with my ISP. They've monitored my connection while I was making tests on different servers, and all they've said was that my connection is fine allright.

Don't know if it's allright to do so, or if it helps... I've uploaded my Steam connection logs.

http://www.dump.ro/download.php?id=2271&act=GWpnr0WMQ2Pqgv0x

• Stirb Iuliu

Hey, thx for replies. I thought I'm all alone and this is an exclusive/private bug.

I appreciate your help.

My sistem is a P4 641, 2 GB ddr2 with Windows XP Service Pack2.

I don't have a router, I'm in neighbourhood network. Speed is aproximatively 7-8 mb but limited to 60-70 kb for everything outside RO borders.

I've looked outside the window and there is a router in the top of that wooden pillar. But, I think it works just fine.

Attachments

• S7300512(1).jpg
    S7300512(1).jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 292
  • Stirb Iuliu

Sorry for my bad english Oliver.

The connection is fine. I can play CS Source on servers with 30-40 players without any kind of issues.

Could it be that Race07 + Steam needs a larger bandwidth? I mean larger than let's say 100kb/s?

• Stirb Iuliu

Yes, I've tried it on my dadd's laptop. It was a pain in the ass just to enter the game, but same bloody issue.

It's like I need to take my PC elsewhere and try another connection (that's kind of difficult) or test the new patch, maybe it'll work something.

• Stirb Iuliu

Yes Oliver, it's a lan cable (network cable).

The ISP is called NetSolution, and it's a private bussiness basically. They've bought bandwidth from the big ISP's I believe.
I don't have a router, but, there's one outside my window. I guess it's just for my house.

Can't wait to test the new patch, in my beautiful dreams my copy of Race07 is back to normal :amen:.

• Stirb Iuliu

Holy smoke, I can't believe this *** ***.

I've got my external bandwidth boosted to 1024 kbps. I didn't even asked how much it costs, and still same ***. Lost connection all the *** time.
*** all, *** my PC, *** Race07. I quit.

• Stirb Iuliu

It must be either the router either my network card. I'm not saying it is, I hope it is so I can fix this stupid bugs. Network card is first to be replaced.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%