Lost connection

• Stirb Iuliu

I've connected to a random server in Race07 lobby.
I can see a 27393 there, but there's nothing next to it.

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 202
  • Stirb Iuliu

I've connected to another server.

The last two pictures were made after I couldn't see the other cars anymore, lost connection message imminent.

Edit. I couldn' save in time the pictures, only one is fine.

Damn, going to try again on a different server.

Attachments

• a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 195
  • Stirb Iuliu

Sorry for spam. That's it, final post.

Other pic while tryin' to connect to different servers and not being able to.

I'm talking non-sense or the open port is 48943?

Attachments

• a8.jpg
    a8.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 240
  • a9.jpg
    a9.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 190
Is it possible for you to do some router configuration, if so try to use DMZ. Steam does not advise you to use DMZ but it is worth trying to get a better connection then.

I also see you have the following services running in the background:
BitDefender Scan Server
BitDefender Desktop Update Service
Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
BitDefender Virus Shield
BitDefender Communicator

Disable these services, put them on manual or disable them temporary. I think these services are the problem.

• Stirb Iuliu

First of all thank you for support Marcel.

No, it is not possible, I was hopping to pass some tips to my ISP operator, he's right here with me on Messenger.

If there is something to be done, I must talk with my operator and he'll do the needed actions for me, from his center if possible,
If no, he will send someone here at the location of the router (somewhere near the house).

Noob question: What is DMZ :redface: ?

Marcel, if there is something that needs to be done, I will transmit it right away.

• Stirb Iuliu

I've disabled all the services you've mentioned.
With BitDefender, I've disabled BD Communicator and it automatically disabled the rest of the services.

I've tried asphalt-devils.de, and still the same annoying bugs and connection lost, and being unable to join full servers :frusty:
Damn this game is driving me nuts.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 197
  • untitled2.JPG
    untitled2.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 177
  • untitled3.jpg
    untitled3.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 204
  • untitled4.jpg
    untitled4.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 204
  • Stirb Iuliu

Douglas, did you had the same problem in other multiplayer games?
I'm waiting for Marcel's approval but I'm afraid it will all lead to router modifications or change.

I wonder how should I tell my ISP operator to change the router when it's working just fine :pray:.

Guess he ain't gonna change it unless myself will buy another and even than:fencing:.

• Stirb Iuliu

I've just found out I don't have a router. There is no router in this network. I have a public Ip, and, in front of my house there is a MC + switch.

The switch doesn't know wich application datas travel thru him. The only thing a switch does is to get those bytes moving thru him. He can't make a difference between rFactor Kbytes and Race07 Kbytes.

As far as I'm concerned, anything related to my connection except my PC starting with the network card is out of the question.

So, is it a game bug after all? I'm getting nuts in here, I've bought the game to play it offline, geez.

My sister should get back from France at the end of this month. He's bringing me a laptop which is just perfect to test Race07 on it.
If this won't solve the problem, I'm out, going to play Tetris instead, at least that's working.

• Stirb Iuliu

Yes, three times. Second time, downloading full game from Steam, just to be sure.

I'm still waiting for Sabina (my sis) with that laptop. At least I'll have a starting point from there on... I will know for sure it's either the connection, either my system who caused the issues.

It has to be something with the ports because other games run well.

It also has to be with the provider's hardware.

Maybe try if they can change the switch / hub / router, whatever they use.

Do you know another person with race07 in your neighbourhood?

• Stirb Iuliu

Yes, I know it has to be something about the connection, but at least I will have the unbeatable proof.

If with a new laptop, flown straight from France, 2000 km away I'm getting those stubborn bugs, again, it's the ultimate evidence in my case.
Let's see what will be wrong, I just can't wait to see that little stubborn missing piece.

• Stirb Iuliu

I've tested the french laptop and same bloody issue. I'm goin' nuts here.

I'm very pleased with the way my connection works, latencies, pings and stuff.
I have no other solution but to change my ISP, such a good ISP because of this. Everything else, including rFactor works flawlessly

In this moment, forgive me Bram, but I'm getting insane when it comes to SimBin and their outstanding bang-up network code.

Well Stirb, i am not sure how much this is about the game really... even if for you only in this game appears, i hardly recall anybody else in those large communities i am present having the same issue. I know it is very painful for you, i went through last year on some same epxerience, during a League has to be mentioned, so i know what you feel.... oh, for my case clearly internet provider losing connection was the issue, nothing like yours, the internet was simply cut for second in every hour or so.

• Stirb Iuliu

Ok, tricky question, but what's the external bandwidth you guys have? Min. guaranteed download speed and min. guaranteed upload speed?

My external bandwidth is set to 1024 kbps, that is 128 k download. Upload speed unknown yet.

However, I've already raised this question on this forum "could my bandwidth be the problem". Well, again, could this be the problem? Should I ask for min. 256 k download and 128 k upload?

Although, it defies any logical explanation. Even 30-40 k are more than enough for todays multiplayer games.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back