F1 2013 Lost Connection from Multiplayer session

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey,

I am able to play a Co-op session but when it comes for joining a multiplayer session, hosted by the same player, I get into the lobby and ready up and load. The second i get into the car I drop connection.

Router firewall is OFF
Windows Firewall and AV is allowing the game exe and steam
No Ping issues constantly around 40ms
Good internet connection, both myself and session host.

Is there a list of TCP/UDP ports?
Any idea?!?!?!

This series of game is notorious for dropping connections.

You are probably pretty safe to assume the game is the same as F1 2012. I have listed some ports below, essentially they are Steam ports, as the game works through Steam.

You would think that you would have no problems with a UPnP router for outgoing connections, but port forwarding may help with a server

Steam udp 1200
Steam udp 27000-27014
Steam tcp 27021-27039
Steam DS tcp/udp 27020
Steam DS tcp/udp 27015
Common to many games (including f1 2012) tcp 443

Steam DS = Dedicated Server

You can check the link below to portforward dot com. I don't think any of the F1 20xx games are listed, but the Steam client and the Steam server ports are.

Pick your router from the list, and you'll be taken to the game list. Lookup Steam client and server (or game), and you'll get a step by step guide to forwarding the ports they recommend.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Thanks for the reply. No joy I'm afraid. I just don't understand why I would be able to have a Co-op session with my friend with him hosting but when it's multiplayer I cannot.

I haven't got a clue what to try :/

The only other possibility is mods.

If you have any mods installed that effect the database, car damage, grip, AI etc. You would not be allowed into any multiplayer race. It is part of the cheat detection, there are certain files that are protected.

When you have such edited files present, you are not warned about it, you just can't join the race session, but you can be in the lobby. This sounds like your problem exactly.

If you have such mods, remove them for multiplayer. Keep 2 copies of the game folder, one with such mods for career use, and the other copy without those mods for online use. Just rename the folder you want to use before playing.

So in your Steam install have 2 folders :-

f12013 - Standard game (with graphical mods if you wish)

f12013_Modded - Full modded with database, damage, grip, or AI mods (for career use)

When you want to use the fully modded career game, just rename the f12013 folder to f12013_standard, and rename the f12013_Modded folder to f12013 (and vice versa)

To ensure that you have a clean, unmodded, standard, fully patched game, just verify your game files in Steam. You might want to do this anyway, even if you do not have any mods installed, because it automatically downloads and fixes any broken or missing files.

Ignore the F1 2012 bit, it's the same for all steam games

steamverify.jpg

I have the ultimate realism mod, did have the true AI mod but thought that might be causing the issue and reverted back to my backup files. I haven't reverted the realism mod though, perhaps that is causing the issue. I'll revert that back and check the integrity.

Will report back. Thank you for your replies :)

Not sure if it was the mod or dodgy files but I removed the mod, swapped out my backed up files and then verified them through steam. 7 files needed to be downloaded and now I'm playing online. Thanks for the help Graham :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.8%