Loss of full throttle. Fanatec V2 Pedals.

Just over a year ago I treated myself to a set of Fanatec V2 Pros.

Beautifully made and although I'm still nowhere near as fast on them as my old pedals they are really nice to use.

That was until about November last year. I have constant 80% throttle issues.

I clean the sensor and the magnet (the magnet is dirty as there's black on the tissue). The throttle is ok for about an hour and the problem returns. It's been like this for months now.

I'm seriously fed up. Sim racing should be fun but this is just ruining it for me. Especially as these pedals were an expensive purchase for me and took a few months to save up for. I wanted to replace my 10 year old wheel but at this rate I'll be having to get another brand of pedals instead.

I looked on other forums and I see this is a regular problem. The usual remedy is to unplug and replug the pedals. I did that but it doesn't work for me. Still at 80%.

I did take the entire throttle mechanism apart. Cleaned out the muck, and reassembled. Fine for about two hours this time and then 90% throttle, which then dropped to 80% again later on.

I'm just wondering if anyone on here has some suggestions but I think I'm going to get rid. Don't want to but I'm running out of patience. Having to take them apart and clean them when I feel like a race is a pain.

Have you contacted fanatec? They may be able to send a replacement sensor if your still under warranty. Or at least recommend a solution.

Hey,

Sorry, thanks for the replies. I've been a bit caught up with work and didn't get change to answer back.

Many thanks for the suggestions, yes I think my next move was to contact Fanatec as well. I don't mind paying a few quid for a new sensor if that's what's needed. I need to check my emails but I think the warranty has expired now.

The pedals are bolted to a wooden base and then attached to my Playseat (as the standard platform didn't sit too well with the pedals). So I need to unbolt everything to see if anything has come lose or for any connection problems.

It's almost like the hall sensor isn't strong enough to read through a slightly dirty magnet. Admittedly the magnet is tiny but the grease from the pivot mechanism will always make it's way outwards towards the magnet.

You can imagine my frustration though. I was considering a Fanatec Wheelbase but I'm slightly nervous now after my experiences with the pedals. I'm never aggressive with them, clean them every so often and they still look like new so it's a shame this issue has happened.

EDIT: Just checked, the purchase was February '15.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It was the hall sensor for me, no amount of cleaning fixed the until I removed and replaced the hall sensor.

I'm in the same boat as you - CSP V2s were my first experience with Fanatec and although build and functionality wise they're miles ahead of my old Thrustmaster kit they're just so unreliable - they squeak, they click and the internals destroy themselves over short periods of time. I can't imagine I'll ever spring for a Fanatec wheelbase or anything else for that matter.

Upvote 0
It was the hall sensor for me, no amount of cleaning fixed the until I removed and replaced the hall sensor.

Thanks for confirming matey. I placed an order for a new sensor last night. For the sake of £15 it's worth a try. I was surprised i'd had the pedals so long already so maybe it is the sensor on the way out.

Ironic in a way as hall sensors are supposed to be less troublesome than pots but on my old thrustmaster pedals the pots were fine for years. It was the plastic pedals that broke! Lol

Upvote 0
I had the exact same problem with the V1 pedals.
The first year was great but soon after I started experiencing an 80% throttle failure once per year.
Guys would go by me up the Kemmel Straight like I was 'anchored' to the pavement.
I'd hit escape and verify the issue.
I cleaned everything, checked set-screws and hall effect screws and positioning and like you, it'd be good for a few hours then drift again.
Fanatec warranted the first one after asking me to send a video... and I did the next two.
It was on the fourth failure I decided to try something different. I also swapped out the main board and so far, that seems to have cured the problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I'm in the same boat as you - CSP V2s were my first experience with Fanatec and although build and functionality wise they're miles ahead of my old Thrustmaster kit they're just so unreliable - they squeak, they click and the internals destroy themselves over short periods of time. I can't imagine I'll ever spring for a Fanatec wheelbase or anything else for that matter.
I've had the same issue, I've been gradually narrowing the accelerator travel over the past few months, it went down to half as I ordered my new pedals and I just gave up and haven't raced since.

But, I got the pedals back in 2013, I wouldn't really expect them to last all that much longer to be honest. There's a reason most products have a warranty that doesn't go past 2 years or so. Products have a life span and the cheaper stuff has a shorter life span. Legs are pretty strong limbs, a plastic off the shelf product just isn't going to be built to take that kind of abuse for long. I can easily push 100kg with just my calf muscles, That's a lot of force. So to be fair to fanatec, they're stuck between a rock and a hard place, make it good enough to last 10 years and it's going to be horrendously expensive, make it cheap enough to entice people to buy and it's not going to last.

That's why I've gone for the clubsport stuff this time around. If this stuff falls apart I'll get upset but for what I paid for the old stuff I think I got my monies worth.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years