Losing a lot of FPS from 4th or 5th lap

I've had some races recently where I start the race (15 AI) with the FPS I'd expect (80 to 100 fps) and everything is fine for the first few laps but once I get to the 4th or 5th lap I start to lose a lot of frames - it goes down to around 60 and looks like I'm getting even fewer frames than that.

I don't understand what's up.

I use the latest Sol and have been using CSP's latest recommended version (1.46).

Any tips/knowledge would be appreciated.

Thanks for the tip.

I ran Heaven and checked the gpu temp - it was fine. But I don’t know if Heaven is hard work enough. I suppose it’s got to be as hard as Assetto Corsa on the gpu.

I did a race with Core Temp open to monitor temperatures in the cpu. The temps were fine too. But the above-mentioned problem did not arise during this race - my FPS remained good this time.

I wanted to run Prime95 to stress test the cpu but I’m getting an error message when I try to install it.

I’ll have a look at Hwinfo64 too, which I haven’t tried yet.

I had the same for couple of weeks. I am locked at 60 Hz (max for my monitor) just fine and after a while AC stutters a bit and goes down to 30, and I mean precisely 30 fps. Exactly half.

It disappeared before I could fully debug it, but I suspect that some "helpful" program such as the rift VR software interfered based on some timeout after a game starts, or that some idiot program lost track of the fact that I am running a game since AC wasn't started by steam (I used CM).

If you have potential background programs such as VR software or trackir or whatever I would uninstall them for a test.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 85 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 62 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 13.9%