Loose FFB Steering feel

I've used the settings recommended in the steering setup thread for my T300GTE, and the steering still feels quite loose. I've done a comparison with iRacing, PCars, Dirt Rally and Race Room and al of them have a noticeably firmer centre when driving. FFB is still quite strong in GCSE when hitting ripple strips etc. but the the feeling overall is quite loose.
Is this a setup thing or is this what the game is supposed to feel like?

Check the steering lock ingame in car setup if defaults to 14
Setting to a 100 ingame will most likely cause clipping which means there will be no ffb signals recieved once it reaches it's max
60-80% is usually a safe zone, tho I only say that since the game uses the gmotor engine which is the same as rf1 and race 07. Both had ffb clipping tools and had very similar clipping points around 75%
Rumor has it the in the thrustmaster profile linear is approx 75% ffb strength
I have my profile like this
75/100/100/0/0
And ingame ffb set to 75
If using....
900 degrees set steering lock to 28-30
540 18-22

Hope that helps

GSCE tends to have much lighter FFB in general. My usual reaction to driving GSCE after driving other sims is to wonder if the motor in my wheel has started to die. You get used to it and appreciate its more subtle tendency. If after weeks or months it still feels wrong its either not for you or there is something wrong with your wheel, game settings, or other.

I haven't been able to improve the firmness of the FFB, but I am really enjoying the racing, much more so than other sims. I've started a Evo X season and I love the racing it's great.
but, I tried out the Formula Retro, and the weak steering really took me out of the experience. Those cars would be an absolute bastard to drive without power steering, and here I am steering it with one finger. A bit disappointing really, and I can't seem to work out if that's actually the game or if my settings are wrong. FWIW, I've used and double checked the recommendations in this thread and I haven't missed anything. Anyway, I guess I'll stay away from the open wheelers for now.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 87 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 62 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 126 13.7%