Looking to Mod my G25...

Hey guys this new season of f1 is going to be fun with all the controls they are adding and also for rfactor 2, so am looking to update my g25 wheel with a new f1 style wheel since the g25 has limited buttons,but dont know were to go, i was wondering were you guys are getting your wheels, i know most of you set them up yourself but i dont have the smarts you guys have to set up electronics, so what advice you guys have for me as to getting a new wheels?

Thanks

Well after looking at the roso wheel i have decided to build myself one from scratch and currently designing it, my only concern is since i havent delt with and wiring and electronics yet is that it will be to dificult. But i guess ill have to learn it, so far am looking into what parts to add and the only part i cant seem to find is the paddle shifters and the clutch paddles, you guys now were i could find some or do people just build them from scratch? oh if you havent seen his wheel check it out its awesome! www.zroso.com

Upvote 0
I know it's been a few days, have you managed to find a solution to your paddle problems? I'm also having trouble with the design of rockers and where to place my attached button board lol.

I'm currently building a wheel unit with thrustmaster internals, it had a clutch/look axis board and shifter buttons, the board is pictured in my post http://www.racedepartment.com/sim-racing-hardware/57683-another-wheel-project.html

So maybe you could use the same slider type axis for your clutch paddles :D

As for your electrics, I can't help much, but if you have the cash, go for a Leo Bodnar board set up, he is highly recommended.

Upvote 0
well as for the paddles i think for the shifters am going to use knitter buttons with some springs, as far as the clutch paddles buttons am still trying to figure out which buttons i should use because they should have some play in them.Are the slider type axis buttons the ones for clutch paddles? i am going to be sending my wheel out this week for fabrication, i spoke with charlie about getting my electronics set up and hes just waiting for my wheel to get done, and i will be using the Leo pro board, only way to go!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back