Looking to improve

Hey everyone i enjoy this league a lot! Love the racing and wish to be involved in it someday. I just feel my pace isn't quick enough yet. I kinda have a feeling i already know the answers i'll get. "Experience" is what i'm sure i'll get mostly. I understand that. I practice a lot with this mod everyday. Pumping out laps trying to improve my time just a little bit more. I even study hot laps on youtube trying to figure out what they're doing differently as far as braking and accelerating and try to mimic those as best i can. I'm sure setups make a big difference and we could get into that too, but overall i'm just trying to figure out how to become a faster driver. I'm sure there's others out there who would like to hear what some of you have to say as well. I look forward to some of your answers.

I guess the reason i haven't gotten any responses is cause i didn't really ask a direct question. Pretty much i want to know how do you improve you lap times? I know setups make a difference but i already know that. All that aside, what are some tips? Is it braking just right, accelerating out of corners as fast as possible, taking corners at the highest speed possible? I'm sure those are all right i just want to know the best way to achieve those.... Anyway, hope i get some responses this time. Haha!

Well, the best way to improve, as you already pointed, is practicing more :D

Maybe you can post some youtube video/game replay, and we can check where can you improve. Otherwise it's hard to help.

Im in the same boat mate, but the guys on here are very good and will give up there own time for you to practice with them. Remco spent a night with me with the megans, me following him round to see his lines brake points etc, he then followed me and was telling me where on track I was wrong etc. It really helped, I was so far off the pace all I wanted to do is be competitive with the back pack. I,m sure there will be a session for practice soon. Set ups do help alot but are the racers choice.

not sure about race07 dave lol this is an rf2 section mate. ;) best thing is wait for the next club race which you would like to drive in car wise and get on ts, ask the guys to take you round in practice, you will learn more in about 30 mins than 3 days on single player with the ai.

Alain Prost wrote a book called "Competition Driving" it goes pretty deep into how to get a fast lap time. I recommend it. It was used heavily as a resource when I wrote the F1 2011 Advanced drivers guide. I am not an expert in this game (only playing RFactor so far) but the real world racing technique and theory should transfer perfectly across any sim.
I know there are faster guys around than me, (I too am practicing to try to get up to speed in this sim) but if you are interested in some theory and just in case it helps you then there is a section on this in the guide.
(PS I know its about a different game)
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/f1-2011-advanced-drivers-guide-by-david-oreilly.43837/

One thing i value most about learning a track is to have someone who is 1 second or less faster than you and you get his replay and merge it and/or have him go aground track with you it really can have you see if you brake too early or cock up exit of the corner

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back