Looking to get a cockpit

My computer chair is now completely out of padding and it's about time I got myself a proper setup. I've no idea what to go for.

I've been looking at the Gameracer Elite or the GT Omega Racing cockpits. The thing that's bothering me about the GT Omega setup is the chair. Is it any good or am I going to want to swap it out straight away?

If anyone's tried either setup or has any suggestions as to a better one, let me know :)

Budget's £350

Thanks

Hi Tim

The seat in the GT Omega is a REAL GT seat for a car unlike most of the 'rig' seats that are made of wood/plastic and covered to look like a real race seat, its one of the best features of the Omega rig :)

Upvote 0
Hi Tim

The seat in the GT Omega is a REAL GT seat for a car unlike most of the 'rig' seats that are made of wood/plastic and covered to look like a real race seat, its one of the best features of the Omega rig :)
Oh, I thought it was the same as on a Playseat. The Corbeau seat is what attracted me to the GameRacer Elite.

Just gone on the Obutto site and it says that it contains malware and I might get a virus if I go on it. I'll leave it a week or so then take another look ;)

Cheers guys

Upvote 0
Sadly, I dont think I can stretch to that much Neil, they do look pretty pretty sturdy though.

The GT Omega says the TV Stand will handle a 37" screen, do you think it'd stretch to a 40"? Dont really fancy buying another TV.

Upvote 0
I will second Abdul's Obutto recommendation. I have had one for 2 months now and it's awesome. The driving position is comfortable, the construction is super strong, but the keyboard tray is actually my favorite part. It means this is a gaming cockpit and not just a racing seat, I don't have to compromise comfort while playing any of my other games.

Upvote 0
I would rec an Obutto also. Esp if you ever want an affordable triple display setup. I have the Obutto with three 23.6" monitors and I would never go back to a single display for sim racing. I had a Playseats Evo prior and I don't miss it at all.

Upvote 0
Fact of the matter is that they can't prevent this from happening. Anyone with experience enough or money enough can have anything duplicated. Nixim would probably think that this was a form of appreciation as duplication is the highest form of flattery :)

Upvote 0
Fact of the matter is that they can't prevent this from happening. Anyone with experience enough or money enough can have anything duplicated. Nixim would probably think that this was a form of appreciation as duplication is the highest form of flattery :)
I have no problem with people making their own chassis based on my design JIm, but if I find people putting dimensions online and or making chassis for other people based on my design, then I will sue their sorry asses without hesitation.

Do you really think that any manufacturer who has spent years developing and promoting products will allow anyone to paracite their products?

David Nicholson NIXIM Racing Simulators.

Upvote 0
Sorry David, I didn't mean to say that anyone would be within their right to do so and make product for others, but for someone to duplicate one for their family is going to be tough to enforce.

Upvote 0
i havnt posted diemensions or anything like that on the internet or shared them in anyway just for the record, and tbh completey honest its only based on the design of my chassis not replicated to scale or true design,

after its complete david you welcome to see pics or even view it if you wish, if fact there a few diffrences in the way i have bulit it and in the materials used,

Upvote 0
Hi guys, can I just clarify NIXIM's position on this matter.
As Jim commented it would be impossible for me to stop anyone from building a copy of our chassis, in fact I agree it is a bit of a compliment to the design. Not only that I would commend anyone that does a good job that looks especially professional.

What NIXIM or indeed any other manufacturer will not allow is for material to be placed publicly on the net or for anyone to set themselves up as manufacturers of Racecraft copies - especially if they are made for profit.

Also I consider that by the time someone has made a Racecraft chassis themselves - for themselves, they will certainly have earned it and will appreciate a little of what it takes to make one, in which case good luck to the guy.

thanks for your time.

Dave

Upvote 0
If you ask 216 euro's for 4 caster wheels you more or less ask people to get creative themself. (http://www.nixim.com/cart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=7). You can get those wheels at almost any store for a few euro's. Mounting them would need some creativity , thats all

I have a Nixim GT Racecraft rig with these castors and they are way above anything available in the DIY and hardware stores around here. That being said the buyer can easily opt to have the chassis made ready for castors and can therefore sort their own, at whatever quality they want.

I think that the point being made about Neil's comment was that you can't really prevent someone from 'being creative' and fabricating their own 'similar' chassis but when it comes to doing it for someone else, possibly for reward, then that's something totally different.

Having made this comment I hope that other members will now let this go as it's detracting from Tim's original posting.

Upvote 0
yes i agree this post is swaying away from the main question that tim ask,

i have personally mailed dave at nixim and told him my plans in more detail and he is happy with that and what i,m doing so its not an issues anymore lets leave it at that,

back on topic

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%