Looking to buy my second wheel

Hello there,
I currently have a Logitech G920 and am looking for replacements. I am looking for a complete set (wheelbase wheel and pedals) for 500€, my maximum budget would be 600€. I currently am looking at the Thrustmaster TS XW Racer. I want my setup to have stronger FFB than the Logitech, 3 pedals and future upgradability. The only thing I don't 100% like about the TS XW is the non-round wheel.
I don't have anything against buying used, as long as it is reliable.
What are you thinking should I get?

so, after a week of not being home, I finally drove the wheel for the first time and it's a huge step forward and I am glad I made the purchase.

The wheel: Much stronger and quicker FFB, Driving over curbs and feeling every hump is completely mindboggling, or that the car now pretty much corrects itself is a big step forward. The wheel not vibrating when driving straight like the G920 is good too. That the wheel is bigger now feels good too. New to me is the feeling of understeering in the car and that you don't experience every notch of the FFB gears of the G920, but rather a smooth band.

The pedals: I am fiercely learning brake modeling so that you don't lock up but rather let off some pressure.

Overall: I enjoy driving much more than before because I found myself rage quitting hotlapping sessions as I did not know what kept me to spin out repeatedly. Now I feel my mistakes and I'm driving more consistent and more and more without assists.
I would still recommend first buying a G920 or similar for a novice because you learn the basics there and then move up to the big leagues.

Upvote 0
One thing I preferred with the Logitech is the number of setups and presets for every game, Thrustmaster FFB settings are quite rare to find, so if anyone has some they would be very much appreciated!

Upvote 0
One thing I preferred with the Logitech is the number of setups and presets for every game, Thrustmaster FFB settings are quite rare to find, so if anyone has some they would be very much appreciated!
To be honest going from the g27 to the ts-pc for a week I simply kept it all the same.
100% on all sliders (maybe use a bit less for the overall strength to keep the wheel a bit quite and cooler) and then reducing the overall ffb in the games.
I used exactly the same settings in all sims apart from no minimum torque/ffb stuff and reduced strength.
But the mixes like in dirt rally for example were still best as they were.

But I never really had a lot of different profiles with my g27 either. Do you have an example case of when you'd like to have these different profiles?

Upvote 0
Thrustmaster pedals as garbage, at least the ones that come with the T300.

The wheel is good. It will not withstand endless sessions at full power, but it is more important to get you onto decent pedals first.

Upvote 0
Thrustmaster pedals as garbage, at least the ones that come with the T300.

The wheel is good. It will not withstand endless sessions at full power, but it is more important to get you onto decent pedals first.
I use the T3-PA Pro pedals with a loadcell kit in the GT3 position, they are plenty good

Upvote 0
To be honest going from the g27 to the ts-pc for a week I simply kept it all the same.
100% on all sliders (maybe use a bit less for the overall strength to keep the wheel a bit quite and cooler) and then reducing the overall ffb in the games.
I used exactly the same settings in all sims apart from no minimum torque/ffb stuff and reduced strength.
But the mixes like in dirt rally for example were still best as they were.

But I never really had a lot of different profiles with my g27 either. Do you have an example case of when you'd like to have these different profiles?
Not many different presets, just one for each game or maybe two for the F1 wheel and the Sparco one

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 403 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 274 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 262 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 191 7.8%
  • < 5 years