Looking into Race 07 buying advice please!

Hello!

I'm new here! Hi! :cool:

I've played a load of PC racing games in my time (Oh Crammond, we need you back!) and recently got a nice new wheel (for F1 2011).

I have been looking into Race 07, but don't much fancy paying £42odd for the lot on Steam!

Can anyone let me know which packs are the most populated online please? I dont wanna be paying for STCC if no-ones using that and everyones loading up STCC 2 and I'd like to purchase packs wisely.

If you could advise which packs are really needed, then that would be really, really helpful!

Thanks in advance and good things to all! :cool:

Amblin

Thanks for the reply.

I think I'm coming to the Race 07 scene a little late haha.

Maybe have to look at something else, that little lot adds up to £50 odd! One would hope by now they would consider a single bundle with the whole lot in!

Any other suggestions out there?

Thanks again! :cool:

The best way to do it is to wait for a Steam sale, I got all my Race 07 stuff for 75% off last year during a holiday sale, with the exception of GTR Evo (thanks RD!) and the Retro Pack. Made it so cheap I couldn't pass it up.

I still do not have GT Power, and I am not sure if I have WTCC '10, I think I do.

Hey Amblin. I'm also rather new to the race07 scene. From what i see the race07 + gtr evo seem to be the most popular. I got stcc and wtcc 2010 aswell but have yet to find a server that runs it. Or maybe there are servers for it just no one ever goes there.

amazon amazon amazon ! Dvd versions can be activated on steam and are often far less than the steam price.

Yep, I got Race 07, GTR Evo and Race On from Amazon on DVD. I forget exactly how much they were but all together they were under £20. The rest I bought from RaceRoom directly, but that didn't exactly break the bank either.

I bought Race07 and GTR Evolution in the combo pack from Steam. Got a decent amount of cars and tracks that way, for only 15 euro's. Don't think I will buy GT Power or Retro pack, but am considering STCC and Race on for the future. Think the release of RFactor2 will help in deciding if I do so. If it is released before lets say Christmas :), I think I will buy thast one. I don't think I will be playing much race then :)

It depends. Evo is a must buy, after that it's more a question of preference. Retros are absolutely amazing, GT power is for those that like GT's and have got bored in Evo content. RaceON is sometimes used, mainly Masters from it. So race07+evo+RaceON spiced up with Retro expansion is my recommendation.

Yep, prices have changed a lot Hiroshi. I believe Race07 alone costs about 4 euro nowdays.

I agree with Kenneth. Race and Evo are the must for me. Just to get the basics. After that its a personal choice. I do not like the retro cars myself, so I do not have that pack. The power pack is to little extra to me, so I do not have that one as well. Would like STCC and RaceOn, but I don't need them. I have around 300 hours of play with Race and Evo, and still haven't tried all cars and tracks. So to start, I think thats sufficient.

But ey, thats just my 2 cents :p

lol :) Rfactor is around 25 here :) I do not have steam installed on the laptop of the misses, so I can't check for the exact price.

I DO have to say that with that information, I would reconsider my statement above. If I have to pay those prices, it might come to a different combination.

By the way, raceOn with STCC is 15 euro here in combi pack I believe. So since prices variate a lot, perhaps topic starter can post what he has to pay, so we can base a judgement on those prices?

more free cars....

more free cars

Additional content inside a new version of RaceRoom - The Game revealed!

Three new cars, and three new tracks to enter the free game courtesy of SimBin Studios and RaceRoom Entertainment.

The Swedish game development company SimBin Studios AB today announced that a new version of RaceRoom - The Game will soon be released free of charge at RaceRoom Online.

RaceRoom The Game 2 - Race and Compete
Release date: November 10, 2011
Price: Free of charge
Available on: www.raceroom.net

RaceRoom - The Game 2
contains additional demo content from the original RACE 07 series; including content from the RACE On, GTR Evolution, and GT Power expansions.

RaceRoom - The Game 2 now features three new tracks to compliment the three variations of Hockenheimring currently featured in the game; Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari Imola, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, and Nürburgring GP.

As an added bonus, players will be able to choose from three new car models; the BMW 320si E90, the Radical SR3, and the ever popular Matech GT1. Together with the Formula RaceRoom, and Chevrolet Camaro the game now presents users with a multitude of options when it comes time to compete for fantastic prizes in one of RaceRoom Online's many hot-lap competitions.

RaceRoom - The Game 2 will be released as a new stand alone, available free of charge at RaceRoom Online.

About SimBin:
SimBin is an award winning Swedish game development company with special focus on authentic racing simulations. With multiple industry awards and critically acclaimed titles in the bag already, the continued goal is to make authentic race gaming equally enjoyable and rewarding for beginners as well as for the hardcore veterans of the genre. In the SimBin portfolio of developed games you will find award winning titles like "GTR – The FIA GT Racing Game", "GT Legends", "GTR 2 – The FIA GT Racing Game", "RACE 07 - The WTCC Game", “GTR Evolution", "Race On"and "STCC The Game" all for PC as well as RACE Pro for the Xbox 360.
GTR and RACE are registered trademarks owned by the SimBin group.
Find more information on www.simbin.com

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back