• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured Looking for Sim Racing or Esport Jobs? Industry Job Opportunities Page Is Here

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Bram Hengeveld, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    RaceDepartment Founder Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +18,048
    Industry_job_opportunities_page.jpg
    Want to advertise your vacancies to a targeted audience of hundreds of thousands of (sim) racing professionals, enthusiasts and petrolheads? Now you can right in the heart of the community.

RaceDepartment have been a central player in the sim racing industry for close to 15 years, during that time establishing a large and dedicated readership of targeted viewers that exceeds 1.5 million visits each calendar month.

From motorsport and esport professionals to enthusiastic race sim fans, we have a broad and diverse audience of knowledgeable and enthusiastic sim racing followers - and now the opportunity has been made available to present your industry job opportunities on the largest sim racing website in the world.

If you are looking to advertise employment opportunities and leverage the sizable targeted audience of RaceDepartment, or if you are looking for a change of scene and new opportunity within the racing game development industry, take a look at our new Job Opportunities page on the main menu ribbon at the top of the website.

Interested advertisers are asked to apply for an advert placing by contacting info@racedepartment.com
    RaceDepartment.com - now also bringing the industry and community closer together.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 25
    • Love Love x 6
  2. KOKORO ga PYONPYON

KOKORO ga PYONPYON

Ratings:
    +3
    You will be happy if you can do this kind of work with people who like cars.
    However, I am not smart + I am not good at English.:roflmao::D

• Beer Beer x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Lesley Buurlage

Lesley Buurlage
    I'm fast as fook boy Premium

Ratings:
    +1,694
    will check this out in 2,5 years when i finish my degree in media & entertainment management :roflmao:

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  4. VernWozza

VernWozza
    Premium

Ratings:
    +310
    This is a great idea!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. CC

CC
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,142
    I wondered when this direction would be approached good stuff!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. Pepper606

Pepper606

Ratings:
    +32
    Damn, I was born in the wrong era!
    I'm going to follow this and wistfully think of what could have been.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. VernWozza

VernWozza
    Premium

Ratings:
    +310
    It's never too late. Do it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. mantasisg

mantasisg

Ratings:
    +1,909
    This is great initiative.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  9. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels
    Premium

Ratings:
    +287
    Be warned, you will loose your hobby. ;)

• Haha x 3
    • Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Love x 1
    • Beer x 1
  10. Littlefysh

Littlefysh
    Professional Nutcase Premium

Ratings:
    +10
    This is absolutely fantastic but as a student searching for an Industry Year as part of my course I'm utterly stumped. Am I right in thinking if there were any placements they'd be advertised there? Or are Industry Placements not a thing that'll be advertised?

The eternal problem of lots of places asking for experience but nowhere to get it is frustratingly widespread in SimRacing game studios with no apparent solution for someone looking to get into the industry.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +20,588
    If I understand correctly, any industry company is welcome to apply for an advert regardless of the role they are looking to fill. So this could be full or part time, placement / work experience or anything in between. Within reason we are happy to accommodate what the company wishes to advertise.

So yes, potentially those kind of opportunities could well have a place here for sure..

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld

Ratings:
    +18,048
    I think that depends a bit on what you are searching for. Every game developer has their own corporate page with job listings but nowadays not many people go there anymore, so RD is a much more logical place to have open job positions / or internships into the spotlight.

That said if you are specifically looking for an industry job I would always send out an open application as pro-activity is always much appreciated in the industry. :thumbsup:

Absolutely, can be automotive related, gaming related, hardware related. If it touches the topic of professional sim racing it can have a place here for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld

Ratings:
    +18,048
    If you are still alive in this era it's never too late! @VernWozza is absolutely right, go for it, you'll be surprised what is possible.

14. A3DR

A3DR
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,127
    I like the initiative! would be useful to have a sort of "watch" or notification option so when any new ad comes up, it can be seen on the user alerts panel so we won't miss any updates.

• Like Like x 1
  15. NDG

NDG
    Non Dangerous Guy Premium

Ratings:
    +118
    I drill holes on circuit boards. I know a little programming like axis etc CNC, 3D printing and anything related to that. If anybody wants microscopic holes somewhere, call me!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  16. Dan Costa

Dan Costa
    World Champ Procrastination n' Hoarding Series Premium

Ratings:
    +309
    I have a very special skill of unpurposely tapping other cars from behind in races, and I've been doing it for 16 years. Call me to test how realistically your cars spin. I'll work from my home for your countries minimum wage and if I periodically sound drunk or drowsy its just skype lagging behind I promise.

cheers!!

• Haha Haha x 12
    • Love Love x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  17. FeltHat

FeltHat
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,743
    if there's a job about driving super trucks in ams then im in :rolleyes:

• Beer Beer x 3
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. MarkR

MarkR

Ratings:
    +488
    An excellent initiative RD gents. Connecting enthusiastic people with great opportunities seems to me an inspired use of the site. Almost everyone needs a leg up, inspiration or some help to find a great job or career and place to fit in and this might well aid that process. To me it seems the PC version of AC was made all the better by dedicated enthusiasts, many of whom went on to join the team.

I look forward to reading the success stories of those who made job connections over the next 15 years. The management guru Jim Collins has an excellent question "Who is your best luck?". It's often someone with ideas or a different perspective that makes the difference.

I'm well established and toward the end of my working career, and racing games are a hobby, but I appreciate the opportunity being offered here for others. I've sometimes had my doubts about a few posters on RD, this gives me much greater assurance that the overall motive is positive. :)

19. barf

barf

Ratings:
    +41
    Is this only an appeal for drivers? What about the virtual pits with content creators etc?

EDIT: nvm, I see dev' jobs are posted! woohoo!

20. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,758
    is that screen from RF2 ?

could be good gateway to connect people and companies

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.