Looking for recommendations regarding complete setup for $5k

Hey guys,
I’m currently looking for a new place with more room and want to upgrade my rig after that. I currently have a desk mounted G920 and am therefore in need of a completely new rig as I want something much better. I’m in need of a rig with a seat and a triple monitor stand etc, a DD wheel, pedals, ebrake and shifter.
I have a VR headset I’m using for AC but other games I play don’t support it and therefore want a triple monitor stand as well. I already have the monitors themself though.

I have a friend with a SimLab GT1 EVO and a Fanatec setup with their DD2. Is that a good setup or can I get a better one with my budget? I’ve decided on a budget of $4-5k but am flexible and can go a bit higher if the value makes it worth it. Another thing is that I need to be able to get the stuff in Europe or with decent shipping as I live in Sweden.
What do you guys recommend? Any tips on what I should look into for the different parts of the rig is greatly appreciated! I’ll use the rig for most sim games but drifting in AC will be the main focus if that matters.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Not sure what kind of deal youre getting with the fanatec but I personally wouldnt really go with a second hand fanatec setup.

Im assuming this is for the rig and not the PC.

You can get a gt1 evo, a simucube 2 pro, some nice high end load cells (heusinkveld, meca cup 1, simtrecs, whatever you fancy watch some reviews theyre all good). And after that it's just upgrading random bits. If youre drifting you want a good sequential shifter and e-brake probably. Have heard good things about the SG racing combo unit.

Here is a breakdown:

gt1 evo is 449 Euro

Vario triple monitor mount 549 Euro (a lot but Vario in my opinion is ESSENTIAL with triples)

sc2 pro with quick release 1254 euro

SRB BB Ultra 400 Euro

heusinkveld sprint 578 euro

SG Racing sequential handbrake/shifter combo 370 pounds (around 434 euro)

If youre wanting an H-pattern you could do the VNM shifter (it can also switch to sequential mode by swapping out a top plate) and E-brake combo, make sure to buy the mount plate too (249+209+25 = 483 Euro)

Simucube Mount (many available, amount 50 ish euros)

Drift Rim (100-200 Euros im guessing)

Seat (personal preference, could go cheap junkyard car seat or new bucket seat)

Thats around 4000-4300 Euros, which should leave some room for shipping and VAT (im from USA im guessing you pay VAT?), and then a seat

The upgrades I would do if you want to spend some money are perhaps the P1X. I have a gt1 evo and upgraded to the front mount later on and bought some extra profiles to do stuff and it ended up being close to P1X price with shipping. But totally not necessary.

Some people may swear by the heusinkveld ultimates but I have read many not really find a huge difference from the sprints other than the "headroom".

This is pretty end game for most folks and you would be very happy with this I think.

Quick summary on why I chose the things I mentioned:

Sim lab Gt1-evo, tried and true, does everything you need, Sturdy as heck, a million people have it, its 8020 and sim lab is a dependable company

vario vesa mount, aligning triples is a pain the butt, especially if youre a detail oriented person. Vario makes aligning triples with 8020 a non issue.

Sc2 pro I believe is the standard in DD wheels. Very popular active community, very good build quality, tons of support and not going anywhere. Tomo from Sim racing bay (the reseller I linked for the simucube) is also an amazing guy.

SRB BB Ultra, youre drifting so you want a simucube wireless wheel so you dont worry about a cable getting caught, great build quality similar to ascher, best wireless simucube box for the price.

heusinkveld sprints again tried and true, great customer service, plug and play with easy software to use, lots of people have them so easy to try other peoples settings etc

SG Shifter, seems to be the best sequential for the money, is used in actual drift cars

VNM shifter I personally own, better than the fanatec shifter+sequential combo, all metal design, have to spend a lot more to get into a better h shifter. I havent compared the two but if you strictly use sequential, the SG likely has a better feel than the VNM in sequential.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

If you are planning for more or less serious DD wheelbase like SC2, go for SimLab P1-X with front wheel mount instead of GT1-EVO, you would need more stability with higher forces, solid rig = better FFB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what kind of deal youre getting with the fanatec but I personally wouldnt really go with a second hand fanatec setup.

Im assuming this is for the rig and not the PC.

You can get a gt1 evo, a simucube 2 pro, some nice high end load cells (heusinkveld, meca cup 1, simtrecs, whatever you fancy watch some reviews theyre all good). And after that it's just upgrading random bits. If youre drifting you want a good sequential shifter and e-brake probably. Have heard good things about the SG racing combo unit.

Here is a breakdown:

gt1 evo is 449 Euro

Vario triple monitor mount 549 Euro (a lot but Vario in my opinion is ESSENTIAL with triples)

sc2 pro with quick release 1254 euro

SRB BB Ultra 400 Euro

heusinkveld sprint 578 euro

SG Racing sequential handbrake/shifter combo 370 pounds (around 434 euro)

If youre wanting an H-pattern you could do the VNM shifter (it can also switch to sequential mode by swapping out a top plate) and E-brake combo, make sure to buy the mount plate too (249+209+25 = 483 Euro)

Simucube Mount (many available, amount 50 ish euros)

Drift Rim (100-200 Euros im guessing)

Seat (personal preference, could go cheap junkyard car seat or new bucket seat)

Thats around 4000-4300 Euros, which should leave some room for shipping and VAT (im from USA im guessing you pay VAT?), and then a seat

The upgrades I would do if you want to spend some money are perhaps the P1X. I have a gt1 evo and upgraded to the front mount later on and bought some extra profiles to do stuff and it ended up being close to P1X price with shipping. But totally not necessary.

Some people may swear by the heusinkveld ultimates but I have read many not really find a huge difference from the sprints other than the "headroom".

This is pretty end game for most folks and you would be very happy with this I think.

Quick summary on why I chose the things I mentioned:

Sim lab Gt1-evo, tried and true, does everything you need, Sturdy as heck, a million people have it, its 8020 and sim lab is a dependable company

vario vesa mount, aligning triples is a pain the butt, especially if youre a detail oriented person. Vario makes aligning triples with 8020 a non issue.

Sc2 pro I believe is the standard in DD wheels. Very popular active community, very good build quality, tons of support and not going anywhere. Tomo from Sim racing bay (the reseller I linked for the simucube) is also an amazing guy.

SRB BB Ultra, youre drifting so you want a simucube wireless wheel so you dont worry about a cable getting caught, great build quality similar to ascher, best wireless simucube box for the price.

heusinkveld sprints again tried and true, great customer service, plug and play with easy software to use, lots of people have them so easy to try other peoples settings etc

SG Shifter, seems to be the best sequential for the money, is used in actual drift cars

VNM shifter I personally own, better than the fanatec shifter+sequential combo, all metal design, have to spend a lot more to get into a better h shifter. I havent compared the two but if you strictly use sequential, the SG likely has a better feel than the VNM in sequential.
Thanks a lot for the recommendations along with the details on why you recommend each part! I'll look into them all :)

If you are planning for more or less serious DD wheelbase like SC2, go for SimLab P1-X with front wheel mount instead of GT1-EVO, you would need more stability with higher forces, solid rig = better FFB.
Thanks for the input! I'll look into the P1-X

Thanks a lot for the recommendations along with the details on why you recommend each part! I'll look into them all :)

Thanks for the input! I'll look into the P1-X

Yea as I mentioned if you were to do an upgrade on any of the stuff I listed I would do the P1-X. I had a gt1 evo and used a profile across the uprights with a standard mount and it was very solid. It was only when I added a wheel extension that I felt that I needed a front mount. Wheel extensions are very useful for stuff like getting monitors closer to you, and also if you have a wheel with a cable they wrap around the extension nicely. So yea if youre really invested in this hobby yes I do think it's a better idea to go for the P1X.

Also if youre a taller person, the gt1 evo is going to feel cramped.
Im only 5'8 (about 172-173cm) and I dont have a ton more room for expansion

Yea as I mentioned if you were to do an upgrade on any of the stuff I listed I would do the P1-X. I had a gt1 evo and used a profile across the uprights with a standard mount and it was very solid. It was only when I added a wheel extension that I felt that I needed a front mount. Wheel extensions are very useful for stuff like getting monitors closer to you, and also if you have a wheel with a cable they wrap around the extension nicely. So yea if youre really invested in this hobby yes I do think it's a better idea to go for the P1X.

Also if youre a taller person, the gt1 evo is going to feel cramped.
Im only 5'8 (about 172-173cm) and I dont have a ton more room for expansion
Thanks for the info! I’m only 170cm so if you fit it shouldn’t be an issue for me :) But I plan on investing in this now and keeping this setup as long as possible. I’m therefore willing to pay a bit more now so I won’t feel like upgrading soon after

What resolution/FPS do you want and what can your PC drive on the tripples?

If you have an high end PC and go for 1440p/144hz a big chunk of that money will go into the screens.

My personal opinion is that 27" 1080p/144hz screens work very well for SimRacing. My IPS screens are driven by a R5 5600x and a 3080, high settings capable of 140hz.
These screens where about 800€ 2,5 years ago, no idea what they cost now.
Keep in mind that for tripple 27" you need at least 1,5m in width for the stand.

As for the rig, it doesn´t have to be Simlab, but I´d also opt for a sturdy profile rig.

Better to buy "once and for all" than to have to buy twice when your upgrading again.

MFG Carsten

What resolution/FPS do you want and what can your PC drive on the tripples?

If you have an high end PC and go for 1440p/144hz a big chunk of that money will go into the screens.

My personal opinion is that 27" 1080p/144hz screens work very well for SimRacing. My IPS screens are driven by a R5 5600x and a 3080, high settings capable of 140hz.
These screens where about 800€ 2,5 years ago, no idea what they cost now.
Keep in mind that for tripple 27" you need at least 1,5m in width for the stand.

As for the rig, it doesn´t have to be Simlab, but I´d also opt for a sturdy profile rig.

Better to buy "once and for all" than to have to buy twice when your upgrading again.

MFG Carsten

He mentioned in the OP that he already has 3 monitors

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back