Looking for Recommendations For Upgrading From G29?

With Black Friday almost here, I'm considering upgrading from my Logi G29 wheel to something better. (I recently got Fanatec pedals and want to keep using them. So I'm just thinking of a new wheel, not pedals.)

I'd prefer a nice wheel in the $400-$500 range for all-around use, since I run a variety of sims. So something like the TM TS-PC Racer with its F1 style wheel wouldn't fit the bill for me.

Does anyone have any specific wheel to recommend, that would represent a substantial upgrade in feel, FFB, etc? Perhaps with Black Friday pricing? ;) FYI - This is for a Win 10 PC.

Thanks!

Hi newbert,

I upgraded from a Logitech driving force gt to a TM T300rs 2 years ago. Mainly because the dfgt broke and I needed fast replacement.
Something like fanatec or upwards wasn't an option (yet) because of the price tag.
I would definetely consider the t300 an upgrade over the Logitech if you don't have a budget for a Fanatec or higher level wheel.
It is definetely stronger and smoother in FFB.
What I really like about it is the Quick Release System.
The wheels that TM offer for it are good value for their price.
I use f. e. The Ferrari F1 Wheel (over 20 Buttons in total) for modern LMP or GT Cars etc. The standard t300 wheel I use for normal cars.
What's cool is, is the possibility to use a 3d printed adapter for other, stock motorsport wheels. I use a deep dished rallye wheel for older cars or a very small formula wheel for classic formula cars or radicals etc.

Overall I'm really happy with it.
Nevertheless one day I will own a DD wheel. But till then I will go with my trusty TM.

Hope I could help
Cheers Dan

Upvote 0
Daniel - Thanks for the recommendation!

However, the info you provided prompted me to do some research on the T300rs and what I found about its reliability (or lack thereof) concerns me a bit. Are the concerns overblown, or does the T300rs really have such a poor track record as indicated on Amazon reviews and Youtube comments?

And does that apply to only the T300rs or to all Thrustmaster products? (I ask that because I see that the TS-PC Racer gets excellent reviews with regard to performance. It's a bit over my budget, but perhaps there will be Black Friday deals?)

Any other reasonable choices up to about $500?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I can only speak from my experience, I had no issues whatsoever with it. Use it since 2 years and there have been no issues.

Of you have the budget for the TS PC there is nothing wrong with it. I think the FFB is even a bit stronger than the ones from the t300.

A T500 might also be an option. Friend of mine uses it for at least 3 years. No issues there also.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 188 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 366 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing