Looking for Montjuic for AMS

Hello,
I want to build up the 1975 formula 1 season. I've downloaded the awesome mod here, and I am going to use the season editor.
So I am missing the Montjuic track. Does this track exist for AMS? Is one available that I could convert?

I noticed the schedule in the 1975HE mod looks a little odd.. Road America.. included.. I'm guessing these are "fill in" tracks..
Anyway, any advice is greatly appreciated! 1975 is my favorite year for Formula 1, but I want to race at the actual tracks.. offline.. in championship mode..

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

It does exist for AMS, I will post you a link in the morning, if nobody beats me to it. Word of advice, lots of people have crashes/ stuck seasons/ bugs with the AMS editor, use rFactor 2 log analyzer (google it, no external links allowed here) instead.
It analyses AMS results logs and gives you more stats than you can dream of!
Run a single race, exit the game, then fire up the analyser and point it to your log file.
You choose from all your previously run sessions and add the round to whatever championship you have created.

Have fun!

I am working currently on updating the physics, so I will give you a link soon once I'm done. The cars are much more manageable now, I'm just putting the finishing touches to different things like engine reliability/brake reliability/pit crew timing ability etc etc. It should be good to go in a few weeks. And yes, apologies - they were fill in tracks as the other tracks from RF1 were of horrible quality! Patrick/Gringo/Reiza have spoiled us.

Dethrone1427, Please don't apologize! I am grateful to you and all of the modders in the community for keeping this game alive!
I must admit I am very confused, as I found several different versions of 1975 for AMS. So I chose the LE, then put the HE over it.. then two patches.. I hope I did that correctly.
So I'm not sure if I'm working with the correct mod, as I also (previsously) downloaded something called AMS 1975 or something I forget lol..

Also, Salvatore, I downloaded the Rfactor 2 log analyzer and I must admit I feel rather stupid ..it seems complicated for me. Is what you are saying that the AMS game itself will not complete a season correctly? Is this only due to mods? I seem to remember the original GSC2012 working through a season with the default cars.

I think the biggest problem with all of these games today is that they are focused on multiplayer online. I totally respect that is what most people play, but I prefer to just play offline, a career or championship, against "real" named drivers, so I can watch a youtube video of a race from a certain time, maybe do some research at various websites, learn about that particular year, and those drivers, then play a season with those same drivers. I'm probably weird I know.

You see, I am older now, never watched F1 in my youth, so only recently (due to sim racing) did I start to watch F1 and other racing. So now I go back into my "youth" lol.. in the 1970s, and watch all kinds of stuff. Just yesterday I watched an interview of James Hunt from 1976 when he was a young man! Those were such interesting times for F1!

NR2003 was great for creating full seasons if you liked Nascar. You can play a full season of any year you want, with all of the real drivers.

GTR2 is also this way, with a limited range of seasons. In GTR2, driver changes work, you can stop and save the game in the middle of the race and come back to it later, so you can play the full endurance race over some time.

still trying to find that same feeling with the newer games.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone for their efforts!

Yes, that's the correct way. Download the LE - League edition, then the HE Historic Edition. I'll give you a shout when I've got something to present. See what you think about it! I think it's exponentially better, I've got a better grasp of the physics now.

Hi Jeff,

It does exist for AMS, I will post you a link in the morning, if nobody beats me to it. Word of advice, lots of people have crashes/ stuck seasons/ bugs with the AMS editor, use rFactor 2 log analyzer (google it, no external links allowed here) instead.
It analyses AMS results logs and gives you more stats than you can dream of!
Run a single race, exit the game, then fire up the analyser and point it to your log file.
You choose from all your previously run sessions and add the round to whatever championship you have created.

Have fun!
Wow thanks Salvatore!! I downloaded rFactor 2 log analyzer and I am shocked! It is exactly what I need! THANKS THANKS THANKS!!
This is like the old RacePoints Manager in NR2003.
Now I am no longer worried about running a championship. I can just run a race, and if it works out, use it, if I find some issue with track or AI.. ignore!! I guess this is what you were trying to tell me lol!!

Anyway, thanks for that! I did a few dummy races and it's easier than I thought it would be.

So, now.. all I need to do is find the best 1975 mod (wait for Dethrones latd? lol).. then somehow find Montjuic (hint) lol :)

Until then I will load up the latest 75 mod I downloaded, find a good Argentina track, and start 1975!!!

Jeff

Wow thanks Salvatore!! I downloaded rFactor 2 log analyzer and I am shocked! It is exactly what I need! THANKS THANKS THANKS!!
Now I am no longer worried about running a championship. I can just run a race, and if it works out, use it, if I find some issue with track or AI.. ignore!! I guess this is what you were trying to tell me lol!!

Anyway, thanks for that! I did a few dummy races and it's easier than I thought it would be.

So, now.. all I need to do is find the best 1975 mod (wait for Dethrones latd? lol).. then somehow find Montjuic (hint) lol :)

Until then I will load up the latest 75 mod I downloaded, find a good Argentina track, and start 1975!!!

Jeff
I was racing around Buenos Aires earlier with the mod, great circuit, and it works well with what I've made so far.

Jeff

You´re very welcome! It´s an amazing program isn´t it?
Regarding the track, bear with me, I´ll try and sort it out for you...

Very cool and thanks to both of you guys.. I am struggling with getting the AI to pit or refuel. I've set up a race where I can set fuel and number of stops (for my car), but ... I'm not understanding, when I do a race, the AI never seems to pit.. or maybe I'm missing something.. I've done some searching and I see many different hacks that people seem to do in order to make the AI pit. This is sort of a bummer for me, as I was hoping not to have to do any more of that...
Not sure if there are any other ways to get around it.

There is a parameter in the tbc file which forces them to pit. I'll look it out tomo/today (sorry I'm laying In bed writing this - can't sleep!) and PM you it. Put that line in the tbc file in the 75 folder and it will make them pit should you run a race long enough, or have X2 tyre wear for example. I may be wrong but I think Chiefwiggum disabled refuelling as they weren't allowed in 75.

Also this just came to me...I don't think they actually pitted for NEW tyres in back then. I seem to recall a conversation he and I had now whilst working together. That may be the reason why they're not pitting, but if you want them to I can find that pit parameter for you with a brief explanation.

Ok thanks Dethrone1427!
I didn't realize that they didn't pit (in real life). If that is the case I will have to contradict myself lol and fill my tank :)
I do want that option to change it, however, in case I do other seasons/series. I always do 100% length races but I'm an oddball lol.

So I'm having a big problem driving the HE cars from 1975. I did the first download of LE cars, then did the HE cars.. When I drive them, when going straight it feels fine, and the wheel sort of self centers, but if I start to turn a small amount (maybe 15% one way) the wheel seems to pull towards that direction. I've read online to change the - FFB to + FFB.. this made it much worse as then in the center it was always pulling away and trying to turn lol.. so. with default settings this is the only mod that does this. If I take a care from Formula Retro, (about the same era) they work just fine..
I don't know if I screwed up the install or what.. but it's not driveable for me.. I have an older G27 that works fine otherwise and with all of the other cars.

No I think people were sorting it out by pressing control 8. But it totally depends what values in the controller section of the game you have ffb strength wise, is it -65 or 65? Unfortunately that was a quirk of this mod. But it will be fixed.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing