Looking for H Shifter.

Nearing completion of my sim rig setup. I have the Clubsport V3 pedals now and are after a H Shifter.

I was looking at the SHH Shifter or Frex GP. The price of the SHH looks great but have heard it is noisy, since I have neighbours to the side and below, noise will be an issue. Unless I can remedy that somehow?

Looking to spend preferably £300.

I can't say I've noticed excessive noise with my SHH, it is a gated H though so there will be some noise as you flick between them. For reference the magnetic paddle shifters on my wheel are much louder than the SHH

Upvote 0
I just switched from Fanatec to Frex two days ago. The Frex is much louder, but also so, so much better feeling. I don't think the noise is loud enough to disturb neighbors. There are plenty of videos on YouTube to see it in action. One guy, R-VR Closet, bought the Frex specifically because he wanted something quieter than his Pro-Sim.

I won't ever worry about it failing either. I'd guess I've had my Frex sequential for almost 10 years with no issues.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just bought a SHH Newt, very nice indeed, not noticed any excess noise at all (as pointed out by an earlier poster) - but I use VR headphones so a lot of ambient noise is always drowned out.

It's amazing value for what seems to be a real quality item. Nice shifting action, feels solid and I like the 3D printed nature of the design, it makes it seem less toy-like. The quick switch between sequential and H pattern is where it really wins in my opinion, takes literally seconds.

Nothing else quite like it at this price point, plus there are no issues with customs/import charges to the UK either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 1451080

Deleted

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back