Looking For Good Logi G29 Settings for rF2.....

Now that Nordschleife is out, I'm getting back into rF2 after some time away on other sims.

So, I'm wondering whether anyone would be willing to share their wheel/FFB settings in rF2 for a Logi G29? I find the my settings a bit "heavy" and quite "notchy". I would really like to minimize the notchy-ness.

So can anyone help?

Thanks!

I always used 10-15% minimum force and then adjusted the car specific multi until it felt good.
There mostly is a combination of
lower car multi + higher minimum torque/force
or higher car multi + lower minimum torque
that feels good.
I used pretty high smoothing though. 8-16 depending on the car and track to get rid of that massive rattling.

Apart from this there really isn't much to do with the Logitech wheels (and in general in rF2 with all wheels).
I tried every combination of messing with the ini/json files but in the end the ingame settings are totally enough! :)

Is that specific to RF2, or is that in all sim? Minimum-force is wheel specific, right? Not sim specific.
It's both. RF2 directly shows this value as percent, in ams its like "-75" or whatever..

In the end a g27 needs this amount of "absolute force in relation to 100% in the wheel driver/motor"
If you lower the ffb strength in general in a game, min force will become lower too.
To 75% gain will need 20% min force.

In ac I used my created LUT that is a curve starting at about 8% min force and increases to 20% min force (used with 100% gain).
Very tight and stiff ffb around the center but no oscillation/shaking.
Pcars 1 has this "dead zone removal" and "dead zone fall off", which does more or less the same.

It's both. RF2 directly shows this value as percent, in ams its like "-75" or whatever..

In the end a g27 needs this amount of "absolute force in relation to 100% in the wheel driver/motor"
If you lower the ffb strength in general in a game, min force will become lower too.
To 75% gain will need 20% min force.

In ac I used my created LUT that is a curve starting at about 8% min force and increases to 20% min force (used with 100% gain).
Very tight and stiff ffb around the center but no oscillation/shaking.
Pcars 1 has this "dead zone removal" and "dead zone fall off", which does more or less the same.

Using Wheelcheck app, it show that my modified CSR-E needs 16% minimum force, I concluded that any sim will react the same and that adjusting minimum force in any of them will yield the optimum result. Am I missing something?

Using Wheelcheck app, it show that my modified CSR-E needs 16% minimum force, I concluded that any sim will react the same and that adjusting minimum force in any of them will yield the optimum result. Am I missing something?
No no, you're correct!
It's just about not all games having this option so "clearly". Ams has a strange slider for it...

Also the linearity of the ffb will be different for all of them. They will all clip at the same "100% to the wheel driver" but how they will feel is different.
Basically how the ffb curve is shaped.

You'll always need between 10-20%.
Just raise min force until the wheel feels tight, without a "notch", when passing center position.

No no, you're correct!
It's just about not all games having this option so "clearly". Ams has a strange slider for it...

Also the linearity of the ffb will be different for all of them. They will all clip at the same "100% to the wheel driver" but how they will feel is different.
Basically how the ffb curve is shaped.

You'll always need between 10-20%.
Just raise min force until the wheel feels tight, without a "notch", when passing center position.

Thank you, I always appreciate how you give clear advice. I am not new to SIM but the concept of minimum FFB never clicked for me until now,. I never felt anything different but I was only using 2 to 5 % and, not surprisingly, was not feeling a difference from 0%.
All good. :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 220 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years