Looking for a wheel

Hello there. I'm 15 going on 16 and I've had a passion for racing since being a developing foetus.

Now, I believe it's time for a change. I'm in an XBOX 360 F1 racing league on here, and I'm ever-increasingly moving away from a casual racer to a sim racer. Currently, I am having to make-do with the controller. Laptimes are decent most of the time, I consider myself quite a quick and established racer, especially for my age. But that comes with a price. I cannot push anymore. I am trying my absolute hardest and I genuinely believe that I have reached the limit in which my controller allows. My hands are in pain and my fingers become pretty numb. I don't know if it is the way I'm holding the controller, but it's enough for me. I don't want to risk any kind of chronic pain or any injuries in the long term.

Now, I'm still a student. I don't have the cash to throw around to get a top-of-the-range rig with all the trimmings, but I don't want to make the mistake I've made many times before - buying cheap wheels. I have a boggo-standard wired MadCatz wheel and already it's buttons are unresponsive and I feel terribly uncomfortable sitting the thing on my lap. My room has potential to fit a bigger wheel that need not rest on my lap, but the question is... which wheel to choose?

As I've said, I can't afford anything too fancy. Here are the requirements:

• Must be compatible for XBOX 360
  • Must come complete with pedals
  • Flappy paddles are a must (even better if it comes with a gearstick so I'm free to make the choice)
  • Needs to be a decent size. (I feel much more comfortable and in control with a true-to-life size or as near true-to-life as possible)
  • No more than £100 (If push comes to shove, no more than £150)
  • Must be reliable. MUST. (A good warranty is indeed a bonus just incase)
I hope that you can help me, and I'd be most grateful if you can. Thanks in advance! ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%