Looking for a Sequential Shifter, anyone got one?

I've recently been having some problems with my G25. The pedals have seem to made a deadzone in themselves, making it impossible to just give the brakes a small tap. I cleaned the pedals out yesterday, but the same problem is still happening.

Now, you may be a little puzzeled, but the title and the ramblings do connect.

I have been using the G25 for about a year now and there are a few things I have grown to like and dislike about it.

Wheel itself feels good and of high quality - not going to brake it basicly

Dislikes:
The shifter in general is too light, not enough resistance - I want a shifter that requires a good tug or shove for it to work, saves moving it accidently
The pedals are too close together - many a times I hit the brake, and my foot gets stuck under the clutch for a second.

So by looking at the dislikes, as G27 doesn't sound too bad. So I was talking to a friend and thinks I should do a warrenty job and get myself a G27. Does at least get me more buttons on the wheel, it being a little quieter, and moveable plates for the pedals.

Only problem with that is, it leaves me without a Seq shifter. Now I don't want to spends hundreds of pounds, just on a shifter, and I would rather not take one apart and make my own, as I'm terrible at that sort of thing.

So is there anyone here with a good, stiff Seq shifter they could sell to me, or is there a place where I can buy a good shifter without it costing me a fortune?

Thanks for the help.

Ethan Bass.

am not sure yet how much its supposed to be, but Todd Cannon is supposed to be making one. also not sure when coming out, but hopefully in the next month or so. May be something to look into.

Upvote 0
am not sure yet how much its supposed to be, but Todd Cannon is supposed to be making one. also not sure when coming out, but hopefully in the next month or so. May be something to look into.

I been keeping an eye on Todd for his shifter which is soon to be announced/released. Ethan hold on a bit to find out more about it. So far its gonna be one heck of a seq shifter.

Upvote 0
I take it you guys have seen this video of the Cannon shifter prototype?

Hopefully the throw can get a good bit shorter than that, and with a bit more resistance. Looks promising though.

Jim

Upvote 0
Looks good, only thing I'll say is I hope it won't make as much noise as I race at times like 08:00GMT and 00:00GMT, and with alot of people in my house generally sleeping at those times, I don't want to wake them up.

Upvote 0
That CST shifter looks promising. I am also in the market for a good seq. shifter, but don't want to spend a small fortune. I requested an update on this unit from Todd and am waiting for the reply.
Has anyone had any experience with the one from ACT labs?? This also looks good.

Upvote 0
I used to use an Act Labs shifter for years, with GPL. Mostly the gated 5-speed shifter plate. Also used it a lot as a sequential shifter with GTR2.

I've gone through two, I think, over about five years. Have a new one now but haven't used it yet. But, I've had a lot of fun with them and they're pretty affordable. Possibly the best thing is it takes only a minute or two to go from gated to sequential and back. I'm sure it's not as sophisticated/real as the high-end stuff, but for me, I can't understand why so many of the high-end shifter are gated-only or sequential-only. You'd think all these good engineers could come up with something that works well in both modes.

Upvote 0
200 dollars would buy you:

Leo Bodnar's BU0836X (USB button interface)
Some microswitches and normal switches (make a button box too with the spare inputs)
Metal for the body (or a plastic project enclosure)
Metal tube for the lever
Whatever you use to provide resistance

It's easier than you think to build. Use someone else's design if you want!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing