Looking for a nice handling E46

I've decided I want to go to the Nurburgring this year and achieve an 8:30 BTG on the Nordschleife in my e46 330cd. I've built a basic sim rig and started playing for practice however I can't really seem to get close to a car that handles like mine in real life. I've changed the power and transmission set-ups so they are fairly realistic for the turbodiesel but everything seems to slide about too much and be difficult to control.

In real life my car is set-up for drifting, 70mm extended e36 arms, -3 degrees camber in the front, 0 toe. In the rear it's got 0.5 degrees camber and maybe 8 degrees toe in (I just pushed it for as much toe in on the rear for grip). The car has a welded diff but despite this it's stable almost all the time on the road, it will only ever kick out if you really try or take a hairpin.

Now in AC cars seemingly lose all rear grip any time they turn if you lock the differential, while it's easier to control a slide they just seem to slide far too often. The track will be on optimal conditions with semi slicks and it would handle as if it were terrible conditions real life on awful tyres.

In game I really like the way the Nismo 370z handles, it's easy to control midslide and has a nice balance in corners, I've copied the data files for it and it drives in game however it steers the wrong way (left goes right and right goes left), have any of you encountered this before or know where I may have gone wrong?

Also do any of you have tips for settings that feel similar to a locked diff in real life?

Have you got any guides for handling performance? So far I've read the ones which explain minor suspension changes and it basically says to follow the changes you'd make in real life which.

To be honest 8 degrees toe in sounds like you're misunderstanding the measurement, normal range is 0 to 0.5 degrees toe in. 8 should mean your rear tires scrub so much on straights that they're always unusably hot in corners.

Last edited:
I did just guess, I haven't had a laser alignment and I just use a tape measure in toe plates. That is a great point though, that may be slightly too much.

Today I found some nice handling BTTC cars, I may use their set-ups and make the handling worse, it should be easier at least :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 402 40.1%