Looking ahead to 2017

Raceroom posted some info of what's ahead for 2017 on Facebook this morning, looks very promising!

https://www.facebook.com/raceroom/photos/pcb.1407929019225711/1407914585893821/?type=3
VR support is well on its way, as well as a flag system, manual pitstops, AI improvements, different tyre compounds, new data displays and constantly evolving physic updates. The Multiplayer mode will be expanded with player rankings, a license system and scheduled races in official online championships to provide you the best virtual Motorsport Experience.

Sounds good but the player ranking system will need to have better cut track detection to stop those who deliberately take advantage of it. I know you are helping them with this David but I fear it won't happen.

VR support is well on its way, as well as a flag system, manual pitstops, AI improvements, different tyre compounds, new data displays and constantly evolving physic updates. The Multiplayer mode will be expanded with player rankings, a license system and scheduled races in official online championships to provide you the best virtual Motorsport Experience.

Sounds good but the player ranking system will need to have better cut track detection to stop those who deliberately take advantage of it. I know you are helping them with this David but I fear it won't happen.
Your fearing for nothing :)

Your fearing for nothing :)

I don't think so David. I'll believe it when I see it. Can you imagine how it would spoil the racing for those who are so used to abusing the track limits (you know who you are certain few RRE club racers that ignore Rule 8). I can almost feel an evil deep laugh coming on.....:laugh::roflmao:

Last edited:
If the next track in development is a glimps of things to come....you have nothing to worry :)
The cut detection has been tightened up and 2 tires have to be within the white lines from what i've found from testing, so it looks promising!
How easy or long it will take to update the others i am not sure.....but the good thing is out of all the tracks currently in the game ive only found 4-5 that desperately need to be updated.
Spa
Redbull ring
Portimo
Raceroom raceway
Paul richards

If the next track in development is a glimps of things to come....you have nothing to worry :)
The cut detection has been tightened up and 2 tires have to be within the white lines from what i've found from testing, so it looks promising!
How easy or long it will take to update the others i am not sure.....but the good thing is out of all the tracks currently in the game ive only found 4-5 that desperately need to be updated.
Spa
Redbull ring
Portimo
Raceroom raceway
Paul richards

Fantastic news David and thank you for your sterling work. Those guys that take advantage of the generous run off's will be cursing you and Sector 3. Yes the fast guys will always be faster but now they will be forced to follow Racedepartments Rule 8 like the rest of us do, like it or not. (pity they chose to ignore the rule against the spirit of club racing in the first place though.)
Well done. :thumbsup:
(Edit: remember this only applies to those who do it deliberately and admit they do it and laugh about it to my face on teamspeak. Only the guilty will know this and be upset by it all though they will deny it)

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Andy Jackson, post: 2370731, member: 17207" Can you imagine how it would spoil the racing for those who are so used to abusing the track limits (you know who you are certain few RRE club racers that ignore Rule 8). [/QUOTE]

Andy I've seen you race with 2 wheels outside the white line so does that make you a "cheater" like you claim the rest of us are?

MOD-Edit: Mutual respect between the people using the RaceDepartment.com website(s) and forums. Malicious behavior and bullying will not be tolerated. Please follow our Terms of Service. Thank you.

I'm here for fun but you definitely take the fun out of it with you negative comments and tagging me in your pathetic rant full of :poop:

if/when the cut track rules are tightened up it wont make a difference because nobody is cheating like you claim they are!

Last edited by a moderator:
Aw HELL NAW!

No, no and no. Enough with this, kids.

I won't let this become another thread of futile and childish discussions. What's done is done and let's just appreciate that S3 got the track limit issue covered up.

Don't even think about starting the fireworks. You can bring the match but we'll put the fire out.

I won't let this become another thread of futile and childish discussions. What's done is done and let's just appreciate that S3 got the track limit issue covered up.

Spa has been tightened up and that happened back in the November patch.

Other tracks though... cut opportunities have been noted, but there is no telling if the devs will improve them or not... and whether that will happen 'soon' or anytime at all.

I think cut-tracks are generally one of the harder things to 'get right', besides AI. You really cant make everyone happy. For one person, the cut track boundary may be far too strict... and another person may claim the polar opposite and rant about how lenient they are.

R3E kind of takes the approach of being very lenient by default, so you can have some side by side racing against someone and not get a penalty for going over the kerbs on a corner exit for instance. Works fairly well in practice if this is all you take into account.

Where this approach falls flat, is competitions and leaderboads. In a time trial, there is zero reason that there should be lenient boundaries. You dont need to go beyond the kerbs and way onto the astroturf on any track in a time trial. All this allows you to do is gain time by exploiting the cut detection and driving in a way that shouldnt otherwise be legal.

Very tough to 'fix' without having 2 separate cut track limits for comps/leaderboards & actual racing, in my opinion.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back