Look to Apex function.

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Hi guys.
I only just noticed that there is a look to apex option in the options now. (been away from this sim for a while) but try as I might, whatever setting, it does not seem to do anything.
Any one using it? Any one got it to work?
Obviously this only applies to us old fashioned flat screen users. :thumbsup::)

Used to love that feature in Race 07. :) I use VR so haven't tried it in R3E. Is it in any way tied to the other head movement settings? So for eg, if you have 0% on the others perhaps it prevents the look-to-apex from working too? Only a total guess here though.

Only another guess
Are you driving in cockpit view ? .... I'm using TrackIR for more than one year now ... only working in cockpit view if I'm not wrong ...
IIRC I used this look to apex before the TrackIR ....but as I always drive in cockpit view, I'm not sure any longer that it might be the only view in which the Look to Apex might work.

Obviously this only applies to us old fashioned flat screen users. :thumbsup::)
Then I'm also old fashioned :p.... ( old too first ! :D ).
In fact PC isn't powerful enough for VR and moreover I prefer now keeping my eyes fine for my older age. :roflmao:

I use it apart from EDTracker sometimes when I am to lazy to start/calibrate the head tracker. Works as intended for me although I would appreciate a more selective programming. Meaning that it activates just before corners (not active all the time) and pre-peeking before entering the corner.
I tried different settings up to 200, but that was a bit too confusing tbh. I always use the cockpit view btw.

OK thanks guys. I must be doing something wrong. I only ever use cockpit view but it doesn't seem to be working. As Ross suggested, I'll check other settings.
Yes I usually use my Track IR5 but just wanted to try the look to apex function.

Thanks for the input guys.

I did get it working. It was already working and set at 200 but it is so bad I couldn't tell. I suppose I am used to my track ir5 being so good. To be honest, it's not a patch on the Codemasters F1 series with look to apex mod.

Cheers guys.:thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 81 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 39 6.1%
  • < 5 years