Look left/right limits

Is there any way to increase the maximum angle that "look left" and "look right" change the view by?

If you're like me, you use the virtual mirror and the real ones are disabled, simply because they are not always in view properly, or the view in them is not at the right angle so you still can't see anything. Besides, the left and right "real" mirrors don't give you a good indication of whether another car is next to you, or off to the side yet behind you.

The virtual mirror is just a rear view, so that means I miss being able to look left and right properly. I use look left/right mapped to my wheel buttons, but I find that they don't look far enough to the side. They max out at 60 degrees or so (just a rough guestimate), I would like them to change the view further, so that at least I'm looking at a 90 degrees angle compared to looking ahead. IRL while driving I often look over my shoulder (to the side and back slightly) to make sure I have the all clear before I turn the wheel, and I miss that in RACE 07.

If there's no way to do it (i've tried some PLR file edits, to no avail), then I have to use external view (switch to it and back) which isn't what I want to do.

i'm not an expert but i think it can be done by editing on of the file of the car but if you do that you won't be able to race online as you will get a car mismatch as the server will not run the modify car file.

That works great, thank you very much Brendon!

Default is only 42.5 degrees. And here's probably why: In the mini (other cars may or may not differ) 90 degrees reveals that only the first half of the inside of the car is rendered. There's nothing after the side door, as if someone took a chainsaw and chopped the car in half just behind the driver's seat. Haha! Still better than the default though.

FYI, Works fine in the chevrolet cruze (wtcc 2010), whole car is rendered.

If anyone needs this info, settings that work well for me:
Glance Angle 1.96000 (~112 deg.)
Glance Rate 15.000
(assuming fov 100)

To get the "if i see the tip of the nose of another car i cannot turn in" effect, you need 10 degrees or so less. I added a little extra to be able to see it coming. With the settings I mention above, if you see a very slight bit of nose you can still turn in. Left and right side of the car are slightly different in terms of judgment, so check them at pit exit (exit pitbox just slightly and look L/R) so you know what it looks like when you are just clear of something on both sides. Every car interior will give you a different visual reference point but the point from the edge of your screen is always the same, if the car's length is the same.

:cool:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 252 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years