WIP Longford 1967

Hi! i hawe some "1967people textures from my monaco track, if you are intrested add me on msn and i send them to you:) william33-1@hotmail.com (ONLY FOR Woochoo)
1967ppl.jpg

steb by step:D 1st open 3dsimed and drag the track .scn it it so it opens, then right click the objecto you want and press edit???????.gmt and press isolate in the object you hawe choosen, then go to tools/texturemapconversion and press .DDS and export :tongue: (this is the texture part) i post the object part a bit later cus i GTG:)

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Gee this is great work Woochoo - A definite inspiration to my work I'm busy with. I'm three weeks into designing Roy Hesketh and your work goes a long way to helping me achieve what the track should look like. Awesome !

Thanks Paul,
glad you find it useful!
I think Longford is only a few days away now, but i'm good at finding the next thing to fix, and there is always something

great news woochoo, as i mentioned earlier i'm from tasmania, and had stayed in longford a short time as a youth..so i know the place well

thanks for bringing this old track to life agan

respectfully ammods

This going to be a GTR2 release, rFactor, or Multi?

(If it's rF I can test it on my Mac for multiplatform compatibility in any case ;) )

Initially rF, i have btb pro only, but i have a friend lined up for a GTL/GTR2 conversion, and another guy has offered to convert it for Race 07. I think i mentioned earlier in the thread that this will mean these conversions will need a little extra attention for the paddock textures because only rF supports material blending, but it should be manageable.

Thanks Mike, i don't know how you've judged that, but thanks anyway. Maybe i just had way too much spare time :wink:
in other news, i've found today that my license has expired, so, i can't work on it anymore and there are some bits i haven't exported yet!
well, not til i copy paste the new license anyway. it has arrived already. cheers Piddy!

i've found today that my license has expired, so, i can't work on it anymore and there are some bits i haven't exported yet

Am I the only one who thinks there's something fundamentally *wrong* with this situation, especially if you've already paid for a program? :poke:

Thanks Mike, i don't know how you've judged that, but thanks anyway. Maybe i just had way too much spare time :wink:
in other news, i've found today that my license has expired, so, i can't work on it anymore and there are some bits i haven't exported yet!
well, not til i copy paste the new license anyway. it has arrived already. cheers Piddy!

I reckon you have mastered the use of background images and stuff better than me. And BTB in general. I still use 3d Max to import the basic track and finish it off that way. I just can't wait to try the track out.

i've previously promised to release certain objects in an xpack when i'm done. Trouble is i can't be bothered making the preview jpg images and all that. Would anyone like to take on that job when the time comes (pretty soon i guess)?
The pack would include trees, a few similar small old houses, power poles and lines, rail crossing signs, a street light, probably some other stuff, maybe some sponsor signs. the road and grass textures won't be included because they are VLM derived.

i guess you'd need to set all the material properties and LOD distances and such, as well as make the images, sounds a bit tedious for me to do it all again. Any takers?

oh, btw, that track i'm working on, i'm still working on it.

Holy smokes! That is awesome. The detail is incredible. Not sure if I have the drive to be so exact and intense. Two days in to making my first track. Now I have to download this one and drive it.

Great work

Ok Hompe, thanks for volunteering.
Thanks Maximark, you won't have to wait long. Surprisingly enough, i've mostly enjoyed adding the small details and such, but it sure has taken a while. There have been times when i've been happy with a certain section of track, only to find someone has uploaded more historic photos showing more details. I'm certainly looking forward to a life after Longford by now.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 288 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%