F1 2012 longer pauses between intro bits than used to.

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi

Just done a clean windows install and with it F1 2012. Now when the game starts and I press 'enter' to skip the various intro parts, it pauses (maybe 4secs) before loading the next bit. I don't recall it doing this before, and almost certain it was instant. Its fine flicking through the in-game menu screens though. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this?.

joe

As you have a fresh install of Windows and other software :-

Perhaps the loading of the next sequence is being delayed due to a virus checker scan of the next file being opened. (Active Protection)

Many virus checkers scan on file access by default, unless you set the virus checker to exempt a file or folder. In this case the F1 2012 folder (and sub-folders).

F 2012 loads pretty quickly, is tremendously fast when skipping, and much faster than F1 2011.

I was just guessing what might have changed (if it was ok before), since the re-install of the OS.

Another thing is graphic drivers, that's a possibility too, though unlikely.

I do remember an FPS game I used to play (maybe Bad Company 2), that at one stage took nearly a minute to load a map, let's say I was using Catalyst Drivers 10.1. When 10.2 came out, whoosh, maps loaded in 10 seconds, the previous 10.0 was good too.

I doubt that this is your problem, but it does highlight the fact that it can be something you wouldn't naturally think of .....

Hi Guys

Finally figured out what the problem was with this, so posting in case it helps someone else sometime.

First of all I should have mentioned that it was fine before I upgraded my pc parts (mobo, mem, gfx card), but as it turns out it was a problem with the one part I hadn't upgraded - the keyboard... a Cherry G230. Swapped to a different one (MS 600) and its fine again (instant skipping). Only found out after posting about a similar problem (massive menu lag) with a closed beta game, on their forum and found out others had the same problem with Cherry keyboards. I think its more likely a windows software issue (maybe recent update), since another member has same problem, same keyboard but different mobo chipset (AMD).

Weird stuff that a keyboard can cause that.

joe

Kind of strange really, because my keyboard is about 80% Cherry Reds. Then again, it's a different manufacturer, as I am using a Corsair Vengeance K90 gaming keyboard.

I am assuming here that they use the name Cherry, because they are using 'Cherry' mechanical keys, whether they be Cherry reds, blues, browns, or blacks....

Kind of strange really, because my keyboard is about 80% Cherry Reds. Then again, it's a different manufacturer, as I am using a Corsair Vengeance K90 gaming keyboard.

I am assuming here that they use the name Cherry, because they are using 'Cherry' mechanical keys, whether they be Cherry reds, blues, browns, or blacks....

(sorry for late reply)

Its a branded Cherry Keyboard, that's all I can tell you really - designed in Germany by Cherry.de and manufactured in China (info printed on the back). I guess it might be the way it polls the PC which is causing the problem. Anyway, going to try a mates MS Sidewinder X4 and see how that goes.

joe

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back