rF2 Lola T70 Spyder @ Le mans '67 - Wed 24 Jun 2020

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
This feels like the saddest day in my life... It's pretty close to have spilled the fresh cold beer on a hot summer day before first sip

It's about to get worse.
I had originally planned to give this event top priority. But due to me overestimating my own skills, or underestimating the challenge. I'll have to keep practicing for LMC. Also, doing simracing events Thur, Fri, Sat and Sun this week, I can't commit to yet another day of sim-events :/

I promise, I'll be back next week though, cannot be without this gang for more than a week!

M8
It's about to get worse.
I had originally planned to give this event top priority. But due to me overestimating my own skills, or underestimating the challenge. I'll have to keep practicing for LMC. Also, doing simracing events Thur, Fri, Sat and Sun this week, I can't commit to yet another day of sim-events :/

I promise, I'll be back next week though, cannot be without this gang for more than a week!

... I spilled my second beer... What a day

So this is the livery for tomorrow, there is also a story behind it, a friend of mine works for team Dragonspeed who feature that livery on their cars...

hope some more people will join...maybe tag some @Denis Betty ?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Thanks to @Joakim Skalstad for the template!!!

Last edited:
So this is the livery for tomorrow, there is also a story behind it, a friend of mine works for team Dragonspeed who feature that livery on their cars...
Thanks to @Joakim Skalstad for the template!!!

Dragonspeed!! :inlove:

I love that team for a number of different reasons. Using a bronze driver in LMP1, dragging Ben Hanley back in to the racing world, and sticking with him, giving him chances in IndyCar as well. Qualifying for the Indy 500 in qual, not having to go through the last row shootout! Just amazing.

I hope they'll show up for more than just the Indy 500 this year, and I hope Hanley will be the man in 2020 as well!

Dragonspeed!! :inlove:

I love that team for a number of different reasons. Using a bronze driver in LMP1, dragging Ben Hanley back in to the racing world, and sticking with him, giving him chances in IndyCar as well. Qualifying for the Indy 500 in qual, not having to go through the last row shootout! Just amazing.

I hope they'll show up for more than just the Indy 500 this year, and I hope Hanley will be the man in 2020 as well!

Yes man, the whole team deserves more luck. Last year's Paul Ricard performance f.e. was mind blowing.

Its a bit more thrilling if somebody you know is with them.
And it's been up and downs in the past.

The bad luck at Le Mans nearly made me cry (when Pastor had the accident)...

Anyway, they'll leave their mark

Holy cow these things are unstable at above 250 kph. I'll give it a try, but I'd really appreciate some setup hints to get that sucker to stay on a straight line. Toe in does not seems to help a lot, softer rear suspension neither, nor more differential torque under power...?

Holy cow these things are unstable at above 250 kph. I'll give it a try, but I'd really appreciate some setup hints to get that sucker to stay on a straight line. Toe in does not seems to help a lot, softer rear suspension neither, nor more differential torque under power...?
Nice one Matt.
I did something to make it drive in a straight line at speed, but I don't remember what. It's time for bed now, I'll post my set here tomorrow. :)

Hey everybody,

let´s talk a bit about setup for this event.

I go with following strategy: MAX SPEED!!!!

Since the Mulsanne is soooo long i rather have a look on the max speed i can reach than on cornering abilities.

In the tuning menu of the car i choosed no front and rear wing. This gives you 319 instead of 315km/h on the mulsanne. I changed gear ratios a bit also, not much, just a little. i ran with approx. 100L of fuel.
I lowerded the car a bit also. Rebound in the dampers is one click higher (mainly because it´s a unwritten rule). Brake balance more towards front to make it more stable under braking.
I also raised the rev-limiter. Even if you´re in rev limiter for some time, there are no overheating issues. Good ol V8!!! Made for decades!!

Since Mulsanne is very very long, these 5km/h speed difference make a big influence in lap times in my oppinion.
The few corners are pretty tight, so no real need for good cornering abilities.

Pretty tricky to get right is the last corner combination before start-finish. superfast, super unstable, super slidey...a thrill and huge impact if you get it right.

I´m still having a look in getting the car more stable on the straight.
Any tips about this without impact on speed (yes i know, its´s not possible ;-) ??
As @Matt Rosum stated toe settings etc. do not really help.

I attached the current setup here...

See you later...ahhh....alligators!?

Attachments

• LolaT70_SPEEED.svm
    4.3 KB · Views: 50

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 90 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline