Lola T70 MkII Spyder (rF2)

Cars Lola T70 MkII Spyder (rF2) 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
aphidgod submitted a new resource:

Lola T70 MkII Spyder (rF2) - Whatever Lola Wants, Lola Gets

gZ0p2Ak.jpg

Fresh off the GT40 project in 1964, Lola's Eric Broadley designed his own sports racer, theT70, to race in 1965. It combined everything he had learned working for Ford with all of the ideas they wouldn't let him try. Though it was quick straight away, he immediately set to work on improving it and in 1966 the MkII was put into production. Lighter and faster, it dominated all competition on both sides of the Atlantic, proving to be unbeatable in...

Read more about this resource...

Out of nowhere? He teased a lot with this over the last months ;)

Can't wait to try this tonight. Is it speedwise similar to the GT40 and XJ-13?

Indeed, it's been a serious project since I got permission to use the model in February and I'd been doing physics privately for a year before that. :)

Way faster than the GT and XJ.

Thanks much for doing the work and releasing it! Very much a fitting tribute to Crossply's Lola update for the ancient ISI Howston (that should have been a Lola from the start).

Was wondering, the car seems big or is the driver small? Looked at some pictures too and yes it isn't tiny but something's off with the model I think. Otherwise I like it, cheers :)

We did shrink the driver model a little bit to squeeze it into the cockpit, so if anything our driver is a bit small. Think Takuma Sato more than Dan Gurney... :D

• Deleted member 130869

I think it was the fastest car in the world in 1966

It was, but the 917K is from 1970. In our experience it's a couple of seconds faster than the Lola at Silverstone '67, which is where we had our best reference times. John Surtees did a 1:28.8 officially and a 1:27.3 unofficially there in '66 and we've been seeing best times into the high 27s throughout testing, so I feel like we have the pace just about where it needs to be. If anything it could be a couple tenths quicker, but we'll see what a larger sample size yields in terms of times. :)

Best time in the T70 was 1:27.6 and the 917K 1:25.0 or 1:25.5 IIRC... I imagine the T70 is good for 26.5 but I doubt much faster than that.

Online this evening with varying wind and 97% grip the best on the server for the Lola was 1:28.1

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.7%