Skins Logo hunting

Because of the blue tint present on the detail picture above, you might try to reduce it from the cartoon cutout by adjusting its white level. On the profile picture of the car you and alfie posted the polar bear looks almost white, so reducing this blue will also make the red on the shirt more vivid. Other than this nitpick, it's looking great!

All my attempts to reduce the blue were unfortunately not satisfactory, so I made only slight adjustments in order not to distort the picture. I've finished the car so far now and if I can find a way in the future to do this,
I'll correct it.

Any use?
logo.jpg

Photoshop; the curves tool to set the white point on the white paintwork, the mid grey point on a neutral shadow, and the black point on the darkest part of the image. This helps to balance out the hues. Then I just reduced the yellow saturation to eliminate some of the nasty artefacts :thumbsup:

Logo-1.jpg

Anyone recognise this logo? I'll set the scene... Sebring, mid 1960's.

Oh and also, as this is a thread visited by skinners I guess. Does anyone have any suggestions for the CM showroom that gives the closest appearance to the car actually on track ingame?

Last edited:
Photoshop; the curves tool to set the white point on the white paintwork, the mid grey point on a neutral shadow, and the black point on the darkest part of the image. This helps to balance out the hues. Then I just reduced the yellow saturation to eliminate some of the nasty artefacts :thumbsup:
Since I didn't know this tool in Photo-Shop yet, I tried it a little bit and then came to this result. Many thanks Fat-Alfie, so I have learned something new again.
screenshot_ks_porschekjjus.jpg

Pretty much all of the Griffith/Grantura liveries are like that, the ones from back in the day anyway. Most don't have any logos, just a painted number and maybe some stripes. I just did my take on these RM Import cars for the #65 Griffith but I'd like to add that logo to the skin when I have a crack at sorting out the stripes. I think there will be another update at some point so want to get the stripes less wonky if I can. It isn't that important, I just thought I'd ask on the off chance.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back