1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logitech Momo Racing Wheel

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Ferrari248F1, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Ferrari248F1

Ferrari248F1

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all its me again lol...well i decided to post a new thread to get some opinions on this wheel(logitech momo racing) i recently purchased one to replace my Driving Force Pro(it broke:() im still getting used to it but the DFP feels much better in sense of FFB the momo has very little weight for force feedback and with the DFP i could feel a spin coming this one i can't. Im not complaining though since i got this for 30USD brand new so hey its a bargain. All i need is your guy's opinion (say if u owned one and upgraded to a better wheel)(any other opinions are still welcome) thanks

2. Renneboog

Renneboog

Ratings:
    +14
    I have been racing with a Logitech Momo since GP4, but changed recently to G27 because I ordered a steering wheel handmade by Zeljko Roso (easily mounted on a G25 or G27).

The Momo wheel is a very good wheel and taking my G27 in consideration it has the same feeling. I even find the steering wheel of a Momo better because it has a smaller diameter and the push-buttons on the weel aren't that close to each other.

You made a good choise!

3. Luke Weston

Luke Weston

Ratings:
    +16
    How does that bespoke wheel perform with the game?

4. Renneboog

Renneboog

Ratings:
    +14
    All button's and rotary switches can be programmed. You can program them by using the setup from F1 2010 and you can program keyboard buttons (enter, esc, F1-F12, ...). The leds are controlled by free software. For the moment you have for F1 2010 speed, time, and the color bar for rpm/switching gear. The software is almost weakly updated to add other features: gap, sector times, ... For rfactor you a full support, as for other racing games. Visit softwaredevelopper for more: http://www.eksimracing.com/

5. Paul Lock

Paul Lock

Ratings:
    +483
    Holy shamoly! I want one of those Roso wheels! Anybody lend me £650 euro?

When they say 'handmade' and 'diy' - presumably its not a garden shed job!

[​IMG]

6. TheoryD

TheoryD

Ratings:
    +0
    I am using one, the black one. And I'm lovin' it.

Have you tried tuning it via the profiler? Or in the in game settings? I actually made the wheel lighter and the feedback less strong than the default settings. And I can actually feel if my car is sliding.

Maybe you wanna share your current settings on the profiler and the game?

7. Ferrari248F1

Ferrari248F1

Ratings:
    +0
    WOW your so lucky I envy you, YOU made a good choice :D I wish i had a wheel like that with F1 Style Steering Wheel thumbs up:p

8. Ferrari248F1

Ferrari248F1

Ratings:
    +0
    Im using the black one too. In the profiler i have
    Overall Effects Strength: 150%
    Spring Effects Strength : 150%
    Damper Effects Strength : 150%

Centering Spring in Force Feedback games is checked off
    Centering Spring Strength: 100%

Combined Pedals: off

Allow Game to adjust settings: is checked to on

For the game: http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x105/FerrariEnzoF1/Untitled-4.jpg
    Force Feedback in the game:
    Environmental effects:50%
    Feedback Strength: 100%
    Wheel Weight:50%

Almost forgot since you currently use ur Momo Wheel for how long have u had it and are the paddle shifters durable??

9. TheoryD

TheoryD

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had this for about three months. My first Momo's FFB went kaput during Spa, so I swapped it for a new one, works fine now. Paddle shifters, I don't foresee them going bad.. Oh, about paddle shifters, they're not as lightning quick as I thought it might be. Same for you? I mean I've never driven a F1 car so I don't know how quick it changes, or even a car with a dual clutch, so to speak. Lol.

I'm using Windows XP, my centering spring is on, strength is 50% or 75%, can't remember. On the profiler overall effects strength is 75%, the rest 50%.

In game, environment 30%, feedback 50%, wheel weight 50%. These are my settings to make it "less strong" on the feedback.

I'm not sure if your FFB is spoilt, cause at 150%, I really can't imagine man.. I used to do 100%...

10. Ferrari248F1

Ferrari248F1

Ratings:
    +0
    Well i dunno maybe ur right that my FFB is probably bad but maybe its because i have the allow game to adjust settings on? IDK but yea at first while i was getting used to it Downshifts took longer than the DFP but now I don't know i sorta got used to it and now i can downshift pretty quick from say 7th to 2nd thus my worries for the Paddles :) lol.

11. Paul Lock

Paul Lock

Ratings:
    +483
    Ive been dicking around with my ff settings and i must say, what feels weird to start with does become more natural after a lot of laps. Initially i started with fairly low settings, but i notice a fair few front runners use 100% on all of them, ive done the same. To start with it was crazy, but now it feels more natural.

Cant say i can 'feel the car letting go' with anything i try, but currently im happy with 100% on all three settings plus how i have the settings in win7.