logitech momo force steering itself

Okay guys, I am at a loss here and need some help please. I tried using the clr calib tool from wingman as i thought i'd start with a clean slate. All of a sudden what I assume is force feedback started working. Haven't had it before, never wanted it. Am happy not to have it on.

Started rsrbr and went in thru sse and changed all my settings as per warrens to try and see if i could get things nice and calm. Now, when I start the game the steering wheel goes totally sloppy, no resistance to turning the wheel at all. Turn the wheel left and it stays there. Just like in the test part of game profiler software for logitech. When running the car it now wants to try and turn itself and correct itself if I am in a bit of a slide. Never did this before and is now totally undriveable.

Settings from profiler are as follows

momo.jpg

btw turning force feedback off, in game and / or profiler makes no difference.
any help immensly appreciated as I have been at this for ages and am now lost totally.

Cheers

I don't have that wheel, but if I was not using FFB, then I would try turning on the Centering Spring and playing around with the strength. Hopefully that should give some resistence.
I really like the FFB in RBR though, it gives great feel for the road (and bumps etc too unfortunately).

okay. I have managed to get things back to the way they were before. Had to uninstall all my controller software and then start over, then selected no ffb in the profiler and its the way I've been driving for the last 4 years.

A question though. If you guys have ffb turned on in the profiler, which seems most do, when the game starts does the wheel just stay to the left if you turn it there ?

Okay, 2 questions :)

When driving, does it want to correct itself when in slides etc ?

cheers

In RBR, under the Options/Controller screen, there is a setting for FFB Direction. You could try setting that to Reverse instead of Normal, I think I have heard that the older Momo's may have polarity (or something similar) reversed.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 400 40.0%