Logitech G920 works well on Xbox but not PC, why?

I have recently built myself a PC to have compatibility with serious simracing titles.
In years 2008-2013 I used to race on GTR2, GTL and P&G V3.
For the last 2 years, I have used an Xbox One, as I wasn't able to invest in a proper rig.
The console was paired with a Logitech G920 + Logitech shifter

Full of hope, I connected the wheel to my freshly built PC, only to discover it isn't behaving normally.
The titles it was tested with are:

FH3, 4, GTR2 + 10th Anniversary mod (thanks for keeping my belowed sim alive!) and P&G V3

So the wheel would turn all the way left, as soon as I passed 90 degrees left.
Moreover, it doesnt let me freely return to the center, no matter what driving situation it is currently in.

When turning right, it wants to go back to the center, even though centering spring is set to 0 and deactivated in LGS. It happens in all games listed above.

In attempts to correct the issue, I have reinstalled LGS software, made sure firmware is up to date, tried USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports, tested many settings combinations... Nothing solved the problem.

Something I wonder about, is the fact that switching off centering spring doesn't seem to take an effect. Neither in desktop, nor in games. The wheel stays stiff.

When I connect the wheel to the Xbox, it's suddenly all fine, only prob is that it's losing center position when I drive very aggresively, so I have to plug it out and in for the automatic calibration to fix that.

After 5 days of trying to fix the problems, I am starting to get pretty desperate and consider buying a new wheel. But would this fix the problem, if it seems to only be in connection to the PC??

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back